The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Invited to interview at Hertford for Law and French!!! :smile:
Hi I was wondering whether anyone had an interview at Lincoln I got relocated so I have no idea what its like.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I didn't know you can get reallocated before interview! Is it random? and is it because some colleges are oversubscribed?
Legitimately screamed when I got my interview call-to...

Anyone else here for History at Queen's?
Reply 1184
Original post by Hannah244
Got too frustrated to wait - literally was checking my emails every 10 mins - so decided to phone Univ up and they said they're emails should be sent within 24 hours. Hope that helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile

:O :O :O
For all subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eelnais
Yeah whenever I have spoken to a Scottish person I can tell straight away! :biggrin: I used to be good at saying "My moose lives aboot (about) me hoose (house)" but lack it now. I am applying for History, you?

I'm applying for Geography :smile: Currently studying things I have forgotten from last year and praying for an interview! Have you heard back yet?
Hello all!
Got an interview for Spanish at Pembroke. Absolutely delighted. Has anyone else got an interview for modern languages at Pembroke? :smile:
Original post by pr3ttyreckless
Glasgow, Edinburgh, LSE and Exeter. I have an unconditional from Exeter so depending on how my interview for Oxford goes, Exeter will either be my firm or insurance :tongue: Where else have you applied?

Wow well done on the unconditional! :eek: have offers from Nottingham and Newcastle, waiting to hear from LSE+Durham:smile: so if i get an offer from Oxford I won't really have an insurance since it's AAA and my others are all A*AA apart from Newc which is AAA... but hey, if I got an offer from Oxford and failed to meet it then I'd never forgive myself anyway :')
I haven't even got an email for an interview for history at worcester yet...shall i take that as a rejection?
I seriously want to cry :frown:
Reply 1190
Original post by FrustratedGirl
I seriously want to cry :frown:

Exact Same situation :frown:
Reply 1191
yeah i got mine fam
Reply 1192
I'm flying from the United States to Oxford for my interview with Christ Church :smile:

I'm applying to Engineering, Economics, and Management (EEM) so my interview is going to be on Dec 12-14th. Let me know if anyone's going to be there around that time!! This is my first time in the UK so it would be great if I can have some company :smile:
Reply 1193
Original post by tinytadpoletim
Oh right. Well I'm kinda hoping that they might give out interviews more early to international applicants than domestic ones. Could anyone verify if this is the case?

Well done again :biggrin:

I'm a UK citizen living in Canada. I haven't heard anything from Keble history.
Original post by GEEKHELP
I meant first year of college! ahh all this talk of universities is so daunting.. I met the principle in my college and he was all like so what Uni's you aiming for? me-'....erm Oxford Cambridge erm southampton' I just named all the uni's I knew.

I was aiming for medicine but it seems kind of unrealistic now.. well you have to be smart to go to oxford :P

In my head, best thing to do is not worry about Universities too much and just enjoy sixth-form as much as possible (sounds a bit like an oxymoron...). But truthfully, i never really understood people that immediately aim for Oxbridge before or after their GCSEs; i appreciate aspiration and dedication, but in my view its a little unhealthy as you start to tie your own self worth to your education. Just chill and try and get the best results you can!
Reply 1195
I'm worried sick!!!!

Anything from Hertford yet? Seems like they don't update their interview decisions timeline on their website

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sdu2013
I'm flying from the United States to Oxford for my interview with Christ Church :smile:

I'm applying to Engineering, Economics, and Management (EEM) so my interview is going to be on Dec 12-14th. Let me know if anyone's going to be there around that time!! This is my first time in the UK so it would be great if I can have some company :smile:

Blimey that's a trip and a half (unless you live on the East Coast I guess). What made you not take the option of being interviewed by Skype?
Reply 1197
Just got a rejection from Brasenose for Economics and Management.....for a second damn time. To say I am disappointed or frustrated is not to say anything. Looks like I am stuck at Warwick uni for the next 2.5 years. FML....
Original post by Mark911
Just got a rejection from Brasenose for Economics and Management.....for a second damn time. To say I am disappointed or frustrated is not to say anything. Looks like I am stuck at Warwick uni for the next 2.5 years. FML....

You're not stuck anywhere. Don't feel forced to tread along the same path as others. If you hate Warwick, drop out now and I'm sure even if you don't make it into Oxbridge, then LSE or UCL etc will be more then attainable.

Why the apathy towards Warwick?
(edited 11 years ago)
Anyone here applying to Balliol?? I applied to engineering science at Balliol and haven't heard anything yet..... I emailed the college last Wednesday, Thursday and this Monday, but guess what? The admission office just simply copy and paste what they've said!!! They replied to me that they believed I appreciated they had a lot of application to assess and all they could assure was one-week notice! :angry: It didn't actually tell me anything........ OMG, going crazy now..........

Latest

Trending

Trending