The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by captaindyson
Anyone heard anything from St. Hughs Engineering department? and good luck to you all :smile:

I want to know, too. I'm gonna die..
Original post by Ophelia127

Does anyone have a clue if selection for Engineering Science is evenly split between different types of engineering or not? Like civil, mechanical etc?

I shouldn't think so, since a good deal of people won't have specified a branch and i don't see why they'd care, being just one big department...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone heard anything from St. Hughs Engineering department? and good luck to you all :smile:

Have you ever contacted the St. Hughs Engineering department? Did it say something?
Reply 1783
Original post by H2SO4
wake up so early.. come on st. peter's. please give me the decision!!

When is your interview? I'm an overseas student and my interview is this Saturday but they haven't even given me an email to say whether I was rejected or not!
Reply 1784
Original post by khind
When is your interview? I'm an overseas student and my interview is this Saturday but they haven't even given me an email to say whether I was rejected or not!

Which subject are you applying?
I am applying for ppe and that would be Sunday.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1785
I'm also applying for PPE (at the Queen's College) and I haven't heard from them yet. I really hope they'll contact me soon because I'm an international (EU) student..
Reply 1786
Original post by H2SO4
Which subject are you applying?
I am applying for ppe and that would be Sunday.

Whoops, I meant Sunday :P made a mistake. I'm applying for maths and stats at St. Peter's. and still no reply...
Original post by chriiischen
Have you ever contacted the St. Hughs Engineering department? Did it say something?
?
No, the deadline for responses from engineering is Wednesday, but my mates have received word,and I have not and I am starting to worry :s-smilie: should I contact them
Reply 1788
Hey!

I was wondering if anyone else was travelling to oxford from paddington tomorrow. And if anyone else is in hertford from the 4th to 7th. I thought it would be great if we could meet up! :smile:
?
No, the deadline for responses from engineering is Wednesday, but my mates have received word,and I have not and I am starting to worry :s-smilie: should I contact them

I haven't heard from my college,Balliol as well, and I also applied for engineering. I am too worried about whether I should contact them:s-smilie: Is engineering department always making decisions that slow? :confused:
?

I think you should... I am crazy worried. I made a phone call just now, and she told me that them haven't released the invitations. Let's see what she will say to you.
Reply 1791
In the email it said "please send me 1 passport photograph of yourself". What does a passport photograph of myself mean? Do they want me just to send them a photo of me, or do they want me to scan my passport and send it to them?
Reply 1792
why did the college I applied for Engineering Science said that they "will consider my application w/o me having to go to UK, because it was stated in UCAS that I wouldn't be available in December."

I never said that!:frown:

can anyone help clarify please whats going on!
Original post by chriiischen
I think you should... I am crazy worried. I made a phone call just now, and she told me that them haven't released the invitations. Let's see what she will say to you.

I just emailed them and they replied exactly the same as what they replied to me last two times,here is what they say:
Thank you for your message; we will, of course, send out the shortlisting decisions by email and by post as soon as they are finalised, but I am sure you appreciate that our tutors have a large number of applications to assess before the shortlist can be finalised and all we are able to guarantee is notice of one week.

That is toooooo general and I still don't know when the invitations will be released. God I am about to give up on this everything just went so wrong!!!! How could engineering department send out invitations sooooo late?! I am an international applicant and I have planned my interview trip to UK......with expectation. But now it seems like my interview trip will not come true.......anyway, good luck for all of us.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by pr3ttyreckless
If you here someone with a English/Scottish hybrid accent, that is most likely me! Okay, I've sent Sarah the e-mail but I've just got an automated e-mail saying they're received large amounts of e-mails so now I'm not sure if she'll get back to me soon :erm:

EDIT: False alarm: Sarah has replied and she says there are ironing facilities and I just have to go to her office and she'll show me where they are :biggrin:

Haha shall listne out for that! :biggrin: And yeah I just got the same auto-reply, glad it's nothing to worry about! :smile:
How is everyone planning to dress?

Reply 1796
Original post by MDJ323
In the email it said "please send me 1 passport photograph of yourself". What does a passport photograph of myself mean? Do they want me just to send them a photo of me, or do they want me to scan my passport and send it to them?

of cause is the photo of you, dont be crazy
Original post by janet.liu
I just emailed them and they replied exactly the same as what they replied to me last two times,here is what they say:
Thank you for your message; we will, of course, send out the shortlisting decisions by email and by post as soon as they are finalised, but I am sure you appreciate that our tutors have a large number of applications to assess before the shortlist can be finalised and all we are able to guarantee is notice of one week.

That is toooooo general and I still don't know when the invitations will be released. God I am about to give up on this everything just went so wrong!!!! How could engineering department send out invitations sooooo late?! I am an international applicant and I have planned my interview trip to UK......with expectation. But now it seems like my interview trip will not come true.......anyway, good luck for all of us.

One week notice would mean that the deadline is this Friday for next Friday's interviewees. So we'll hear by the end of this week, though this epic procrastination gives me a pretty crappy impression of Balliol engineering...
Reply 1798
Original post by janet.liu
I haven't heard from my college,Balliol as well, and I also applied for engineering. I am too worried about whether I should contact them:s-smilie: Is engineering department always making decisions that slow? :confused:

Janet - I though you would like to know my son has just got an email today inviting him for interview at Balliol to read Engineering Science, so hopefully you will hear soon.

good luck
Original post by Kit-Kat-kiss
How is everyone planning to dress?

Pretty casually I think, jeans and jumpers that kind of thing, how about you? I hope not everyone rocks up in suits, I don't own one!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending