The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

psychology at Lincoln?

If you have chosen psychology here, could you answer some questions please? :smile:
what is it like?
do you enjoy it ?
what are the facilities like?
are the teachers good?
what optional modules did you chose and why? what was involved in these modules?
any bad points?

I am just wondering as I am stuck between 3 uni's for psychology and would like to know roughly what each uni is like for psychology. you do not need to answer all of the questions from above. I'd just like some information on what it is like please!
thank you :smile:
iv chosen psychology and criminology, and would also like to know what the facilities are like? :smile:
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Hi sorry this reply took so long but i'm currently a first year at Lincoln doing psychology with forensic psychology and I am loving it! For me the forensic part is the best but I am a bit biased! The course for psychology in general is really good but you do need to work hard!! Some modules are quite hard, personally I struggled with cognitive psychology and mind and brain but the lecturers are really helpful and if you have any problems just ask them. Heads up!! Psychology courses involves lot of maths!!! When you first start statistics you will be terrified and yes it is hard but just work at it and you will be fine! Plus the statistic lecturers are brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!! The facilities are brilliant. We have so many psychology labs and the lecturers have amazing experience!!! Lincoln was my first choice and I am so happy about that!!!

Btw Sophie every year there is a huge confusion between psychology with criminology and psychology with forensic psychology. Many people who do psych with criminology end up transferring because its not what they expected. If this happens to you which I hope it doesn't sort it out very early on or you might not be able to transfer.

Hope this helps. Anymore questions, just ask! Good luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest