The Student Room Group

Girls, be honest, are you jealous of girls you know that are prettier than you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by R4INBOW
Nope. I'm comfortable in my own skin.

Some guys seem to find the idea of girls not automatically hating pretty girls and themselves impossible to comprehend.
I guess, but a lot of the time if it's a girl I'm passing I may soon forget what they even looked like, so it's more a fleeting "I wish I were as pretty as she" than enviously hating her.
I mostly envy them for not really having to cope with people insulting their appearance (I do also wish I had a more polished look, so I envy girls like that when I see them, but I'm just too lazy to make it happen!). I do kind of resent the fact that I've had to deal with people making fun of how I look, as if they think I chose to look like that, haha. It was just really upsetting at the time, especially as my friends were all really pretty so I was the odd one out getting picked on by guys while they were getting chatted up by them :rolleyes:

it pretty much gave me the impression that there was no way anyone would ever find me attractive/consider me pretty in the slightest because of the flawed features I have. Like, I could be the nicest person in the world but shallow people who've never had a conversation with me before still won't hesitate to make fun of my face. Just doesn't really happen (as often?) to pretty girls.

I suppose this is a whole other issue, though. The topic of getting treated better when you're good looking has been done to death :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 83
It depends on how I feel about MYSELF at any given moment, to be totally honest.

If it's a Friday night and I'm in my glad rags and I know I look good, then I'm absolutely fine with other pretty girls because I feel one of their number.

If I've rolled out of bed the next morning and see them at that point, though, I do have a 'damnit!' moment.

If I'm in a good enough mood though, e.g. just got out the gym or done something else productive, then I couldn't care less.

I thereforee agree fully that if you are feeling jealous, it's YOUR problem completely, is never really justified/beneficial, is always pointless, and cannot be excused by simply saying 'it's natural, so there'.
(edited 11 years ago)
i do get jealous and wish i looked like that, i dont act differently towards them though
Original post by minger101
The only people who feel jealous about girls who are prettier than them are those who are not happy in their own skin, fact.

.... no.
sources?

I'm happy in my own skin, doesnt mean i cant wish i was just as happy with different looks.
Original post by Insecurities
I'm a guy but I will answer anyway.

I get very jealous of guys I see who I know are hot. Usually tall, masculine, well-built and proportioned- they tend to be rugby players but not always. You can tell they get all the girls just by the way they look and act.

I also get this weird sense of jealousy of attractive girls (i.e. most girls these days). Even though I am a guy. I think it's because I know I don't have a chance with them. I only have a chance, realistically, with 5% of girls. Probably more like 1% of girls or less. It's depressing but it's the harsh reality of my life. :cry:

Dude your name speaks for yourself.. :'(

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending