The Student Room Group

Should I be cold to this guy...?

Basically, I seem to have a casual LDR kind of thing with a guy. He's been really busy with work recently as well, so I've left it up to him to contact me, and that's what I usually do anyway. We chat by text a lot and lately, I feel like he only talks to me when he wants something from me... I guess it's partially my fault as well 'cause I let it happen too easily for him so now it's like he's too comfortable and knows I'm here on tap or something. I also hate how he seems to not bother to end our convos properly lately and just simply ****s off. I don't want to have to play games but I feel like I have to to show him that I can't always be available and that he can't treat me the way he has. I feel like I should be cold with him or something, or do what he does and just end the convo early. If we have a text convo, it usually lasts throughout the day, so I could easily cut it short or something. Yeah, maybe I sound like a child by playing games, and maybe I should just end this thing. But I also hate that I enjoy this thing that we have sometimes...
Anyone got any thoughts on playing it cold...?
Reply 1
You sound like you don't even like this guy.
Reply 2
No! Be warm to him, it's freezing outside.:wink:
Reply 3
Hey, I remember your thread from a while back. Come on this guy is putting in absolutely no effort to keep you updated and I think you already told him to try and put more effort into it. If you're not happy it's time to cut him off and move on. Are you guys even in a relationship!?
Reply 4
Original post by MattyJo
Hey, I remember your thread from a while back. Come on this guy is putting in absolutely no effort to keep you updated and I think you already told him to try and put more effort into it. If you're not happy it's time to cut him off and move on. Are you guys even in a relationship!?

Nah, we're not in a relationship, but sometimes it feels like we are; the constant chatting, and so on, but that constant chatting seems to have stopped for like 2 months now. I mean, we still chat but not nearly as much as we used to. When he initiates a convo after like a week's break or something, he usually starts by saying that's he's been busy at work. I don't know whether he's being genuine, or has gotten bored of me. But they why bother to give me an excuse? It's weird 'cause it's almost like there maybe some sort of commitment from him to me by giving me excuses. Or maybe I'm just reading way too much into it...
Oh, and I guess I said that we were in a relationship in my other thread 'cause at the time, I thought that it'd be easier to explain my situation to people in that way.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by WyFy
Nah, we're not in a relationship, but sometimes it feels like we are; the constant chatting, and so on, but that constant chatting seems to have stopped for like 2 months now. I mean, we still chat but not nearly as much as we used to. When he initiates a convo after like a week's break or something, he usually starts by saying that's he's been busy at work. I don't know whether he's being genuine, or has gotten bored of me. But they why bother to give me an excuse? It's weird 'cause it's almost like there maybe some sort of commitment from him to me by giving me excuses. Or maybe I'm just reading way too much into it...

Chuck him then if you are not happy
Reply 6
Original post by WyFy
Oh, and I guess I said that we were in a relationship in my other thread 'cause at the time, I thought that it'd be easier to explain my situation to people in that way.

There is a easy solution to this that's not making you happy. Don't talk too him again and don't look back. Or just try and be happy just talking too him whenever you can.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending