The Student Room Group

Laws and NHS

I have knowledge on the NHS but i feel it is not enough. I am certain that if a question about the NHS came up during an interview for medicine i would find it difficult to answer.

For this reason, i ask if you know where i can gain the knowledge that is needed for the NHS?

In addition to this, how much do I need to know about the laws of medicine. E.g. laws of patient consent, confidentiality etc... Where can i find more information about this?

Thank You

P.S. If you are going to answer, just answer the question. Spare the annoying remarks that i am probably going to receive for posting this question on this forum.
Reply 1
Quite a broad question. Not a fan of that post script, but if you are more specific with what you want to know about the NHS and the legal system, we can direct you to the appropriate sources...
Reply 2
There is lots of information online. Just type in to google nhs reform and the nhs website has basic information about the reforms under the coalition government.

Also keep up to date with nhs stuff on the news, I have the bnf news app on my phone and it has a health section and I just read these news stories every day and gives me a bit of extra knowledge.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
Sorry that should say BBC news*

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 4
Thanks guys

Yes excuse my Post script but this forum is filled with keyboard warriors who don't answer the question, but reply with annoying remarks. It wasn't aimed at everyone, only at the keyboard warriors. Good thing is that the forum also has some very helpful and knowledgeable people.
Reply 5
Original post by Otherguyx
I have knowledge on the NHS but i feel it is not enough. I am certain that if a question about the NHS came up during an interview for medicine i would find it difficult to answer.

For this reason, i ask if you know where i can gain the knowledge that is needed for the NHS?

In addition to this, how much do I need to know about the laws of medicine. E.g. laws of patient consent, confidentiality etc... Where can i find more information about this?

Thank You

P.S. If you are going to answer, just answer the question. Spare the annoying remarks that i am probably going to receive for posting this question on this forum.

Have a look at the GMC guidance on the duties of a doctor: http://www.gmc-uk.org/guidance/good_medical_practice.asp - there are sections on consent, confidentiality and lots more beside in there.
Reply 6
If you are after opinions and analysis of the recent NHS restructuring, Nuffield Trust and Kings Fund are two websites you should check out
Reply 7
Original post by Helenia
Have a look at the GMC guidance on the duties of a doctor: http://www.gmc-uk.org/guidance/good_medical_practice.asp - there are sections on consent, confidentiality and lots more beside in there.

This is the best source by far, and it is very simple to understand.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending