The Student Room Group

Why do weak people always get bullied?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
What makes people bully weak people? Surely if you see somebody is weak, then you should help them a little bir, or if not then at least not try to make them worse.

Du 2 the fact tat ther're an easy target.
due 2 the fact that they're an easy target.
It's not about being weak at all. It's about having qualities that the bully wants but doesn't themselves possess, it's jealousy. Instead of actually doing something about gaining the skills themselves and making an effort to become a better person they choose the easy route and that's to target someone who exhibits skills and knowledge, who's maybe popular with the right people, who has better prospects, is better looking, whatever. Often the target is a good person who tries to be kind and helpful to others, is well liked, and doesn't come across as the kind who'd put up a fight. Quite often the bullying especially when done by women starts off subtly picking at some small feature eg weight as was the case with my manager picking on me. The bully often starts off by lulling their intended target into friendship, finding out emotional buttons and sensitivities, in my case I had an eating disorder during my late teens and early twenties which she knew about and brought up right before a meeting. The only weakness is one of being too open and trusting of new friends at work or university - so that's a weakness you might want to consider holding back on.
Original post by callum9999
While of course I agree bullies are spiteful, sorry excuses for human beings - where on earth does the "coward" aspect always come from? Nothing they do has ever struck me as remotely cowardly?

Wish the bullying in my school was that playful lel.

Quick Reply

Latest