The Student Room Group

would girls like a guy because he has a nice car

so girls, 1st and foremost would you be more attracted to a young guy (early 20's) if he had a nice car, more of a sport convertable. like a porsche boxter a 2002 -2005 model which are still expensive about 3 grand. or would you go for the typical blacked tinted golf or audi a3 .

most girls like guys that have cars. intersting to hear some answers i myself love the porsche, as it's more classy than the black tinted hatches you see these days. but thats my opinion.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have literally no interest in whether he has a car or not, let alone the make of it.
Reply 2
Original post by I-I
so girls, 1st and foremost would you be more attracted to a young guy (early 20's) if he had a nice car, more of a sport convertable. like a porsche boxter a 2002 -2005 model which are still expensive about 3 grand. or would you go for the typical blacked tinted golf or audi a3 .

most girls like guys that have cars. intersting to hear some answers i myself love the porsche, as it's more classy than the black tinted hatches you see these days. but thats my opinion.

Is this a troll?
Is this a serious question......?
Original post by Em8980
I have literally no interest in whether he has a car or not, let alone the make of it.

This.

Original post by bad8oy
A3 and Porsche boxter are girls cars mate no offence but people will think your gay

Not if the driver is a bloke trying to pick you up using said car.
Reply 5
Original post by I-I

Your definition of a "nice car" includes a tinted golf and an A3? :lol:
Reply 6
Original post by bad8oy
A3 and Porsche boxter are girls cars mate no offence but people will think your gay

Posted from TSR Mobile

i personally like them, its different than the customised up golfs with big exhaust , dump valves and no perfomance. true i did expect people to say they are girls cars. but you see many guys with mini, they are also thought as girls cars.

love m3's but which young guy has 10 grand minimum, btw what you got
Reply 7
2005 Porsche boxter for £3000?!?! Please let me know where on earth you're finding this car so I can purchase one.

To answer your question, a girl would not fall for a guy depending on his car. Maybe once you're dating she'd care about which car you were buying (I would) but that wouldn't change the way she feels about you.

Also I agree with you about hatchbacks, I hate most hatchbacks.
Reply 8
Original post by I-I

looool a golf with tinted windows. mate you should have asked using these cars below two cars below.
ge4754978995060182352-620op.jpg
althonealexis.blogspot.com_Ferrari458Italia+(4).jpg

one day
Reply 9
it wouldnt bother me if it was an old banger or a lambo.

but if i had the choice and personality wasnt part of it, id go for the banger...

but i dont tend to care about cars, for me its personality, being able to drive is a bonus again...

and no im not someone that knows nothing about cars, iv been brought up around cars, my step dad builds them as a hobby, so i often help him out if he needs it.
Reply 10
Depends,I don't like it if a car looks too flashy,but a nice car and a guy in a nice suit...yum!
Reply 11
No. In fact, the opposite is true.

Most guys with "nice", expensive cars tend to be complete douchewads and obsess over them.
Original post by bad8oy
yeah still looks gay.......and when girls say they dont care about cars they are lieing.

Neither I, nor any of my girl friends, care about the cars of their bfs/would-be bfs.

Am I lying? :smile:
Original post by bad8oy
hard to tell whether your lieing lol i cant see you...but from my experiences having a good car can get you somewhere. It is a lie saying all girls dont care about cars. In my opinion your car is part of the look you project as well right?

I dont think anyone could claim that something is true of ALL women, no. But I doubt that the majority of girls find it on their list of priorities.

Besides, if someone cares about your car because of the image of wealth it gives (I'm guessing thats what you mean!) and not because they're just interested in car makes or something (which I guess would be a good thing, bringing car enthusiasts together and all that) then why would you care about what a person that shallow thought of you?
Reply 14
Surely you wouldn't want a girl who's only interested in your car? I'd hate to be with someone who's only with me because of my wealth and/or other reasons which don't concern my personality & appearance.
Reply 15
Original post by I-I

I wouldnt like a guy because of his car. If i was bothered about the car that much, i might as well just date the car :rolleyes:
Reply 16
only for an audi TT :biggrin:

but to be honest he'd probably drive me around the bend.
Reply 17
Lol I can't even drive and have no trouble attracting girls.
Original post by bad8oy
lol yeah thats what i mean...i dont know i would care my self about the image it gives me. It would make me feel better driving a nicer car then a not so good car. That probably makes me sound shallow and materialistic :frown:

I guess deep down everyone cares about what other people think about them whether their shallow or not.

Nah, not really. I feel good wearing a nice pair of shoes or using a new piece of equipment for art; if you like something, of course its going to feel good using it. :smile: Tbh, get a nice car if you like that car, not because of what people will think of it :smile:
Original post by I-I

Sorry, but I personaly don't care what car you driving or clothes you wear or the money you have, if your personality stinks, I am not interested

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending