The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by JKA17
Wow congratulations! I have Durham (A*AA), Bristol (A*AA) and Royal Holloway (BBB), I also applied to St Andrews and haven't heard anything but I don't want to go there, it was a random fifth choice really.
I was pooled from Magdalene, which upon checking, last year had 3 historians! :eek: woops. And yourself? :smile:

Well done!! Having been pooled by Cambridge I'm very eager for Durham to get back to me (and hopefully give me an offer!) St Andrews really is a long way away.. I was pooled by Clare - lots of applicants!

I am feeling v hopeless about getting called - so little real chance!
Reply 581
Original post by Zhy
Pooled by Queens for maths.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

How did you get pooled? O_o I think I saw you at the m4&m5 revision thread!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chocoholic_x
You're the first person I've seen that's been pooled for PBS. Hi! :smile:

Hi! I've seen you floating around some of the cambridge threads before :smile: Hopefully we're the only ones pooled for pbs so we have a good chance of getting fished :wink: (I wish! :rolleyes:)
Reply 583
Since I've been pooled with 95% average in my top 5 subjects, does it mean my interview was a disaster and I've been given a very low mark out of 10? Hence I should forget about Cambridge...
Reply 584
Original post by amg_22
Since I've been pooled with 95% average in my top 5 subjects, does it mean my interview was a disaster and I've been given a very low mark out of 10? Hence I should forget about Cambridge...

You would surely have been auto-pooled because of your great UMS. Don't give up hope!
Reply 585
Hi,

A nail-biting mum here with another for the stats. My son was pooled from King's for HSPS, post-a level applicant, with A*A*A*A and an A in EPQ, but apparently an absolutely dire interview.

Really good luck to everyone, and thank you so much, Minerva, for this thread.
Reply 586
Original post by theminimg
Well done!! Having been pooled by Cambridge I'm very eager for Durham to get back to me (and hopefully give me an offer!) St Andrews really is a long way away.. I was pooled by Clare - lots of applicants!

I am feeling v hopeless about getting called - so little real chance!

So I take it you would prefer Durham over Bristol? :smile: (me too).

Me too, its so strange, this entire process has both made me annoyed at Camrbidge and simultaneously renewed my want to go there. I just wish they would tell all of us by the end of the day and be done with it!!
Reply 587
Original post by Bolin
How did you get pooled? O_o I think I saw you at the m4&m5 revision thread!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I sat them last year. I got pooled because I wasn't as good as the other applicants
I am about to dieeeeeee. Can't stay afloat anymore.
Reply 589
I'm sitting here for about 2 hours reading every post...oh god my life is so sad :biggrin:
Reply 590
Original post by grammar12
She is applying for Psychology and behavioural sciences. I hope to apply for Architecture but i come from a Grammar school whereas she comes from a comprehensive with poor GCSE results which is a flag in her file! So i think i stand less chance getting in :s-smilie: The phone rang about an hour ago and i was getting a drink... I dont think I've ever moved so quickly in my life! :tongue:

oh wow that's interest! mm, who knows though, it might play to her favour seeing as she is still being considered in that her A level results and interview must have been pretty good!
nah hopefully that's not the case, i reckon that if they spend so much money on interviewing then they'll not want to risk losing a good candidate out of prejudice :smile:
ahah im sure that's going to happen up and down the country from 3pm :P
Reply 591
What do you think it means if there's been no contact from your college yet saying offer, pool or otherwise?
Reply 592
Swimming is getting veeery tiring... any hope for me and my 85% UMS average?
Reply 593
Original post by TPJY
oh wow that's interest! mm, who knows though, it might play to her favour seeing as she is still being considered in that her A level results and interview must have been pretty good!
nah hopefully that's not the case, i reckon that if they spend so much money on interviewing then they'll not want to risk losing a good candidate out of prejudice :smile:
ahah im sure that's going to happen up and down the country from 3pm :P

if bad GCSE's help then I'm here for the winner i have 3 GCSE's (ACE) :d

unfortunely, it's not the reason :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by amyandbeyond
Hi! I've seen you floating around some of the cambridge threads before :smile: Hopefully we're the only ones pooled for pbs so we have a good chance of getting fished :wink: (I wish! :rolleyes:)

Another one pooled for PBS here, sorry ;p

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 595
Original post by Nayim
What do you think it means if there's been no contact from your college yet saying offer, pool or otherwise?

Is it Caius by any chance? Honestly, if you're a UK applicant i'd put it down to the poor postal system and if you're international i'd say its because sending out emails is time consuming and some admissions offices are closed now till Monday.
Reply 596
Original post by WJRA
Is it Caius by any chance? Honestly, if you're a UK applicant i'd put it down to the poor postal system and if you're international i'd say its because sending out emails is time consuming and some admissions offices are closed now till Monday.

Yes it Caius! The only other friend of mine waiting is from there too..
Reply 597
Original post by amg_22

No it means your UMS are about average for successful applicants but that the other applicants to your college just squeaked past on their whole score: maybe some had even better UMS and maybe you interviewed well but some interviewed even better. You may just have been unlucky that this year was particularly popular for your college.
The stats show that pooled entrants do as well in Tripos exams as those with direct offers so you have done well to get this far. Good Luck.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 598
Original post by JKA17
So I take it you would prefer Durham over Bristol? :smile: (me too).

Me too, its so strange, this entire process has both made me annoyed at Camrbidge and simultaneously renewed my want to go there. I just wish they would tell all of us by the end of the day and be done with it!!

Well. Somewhere in the endless sleepless hours of the last few days I've been looking up the stats for History offers through the pool and I think 56 were offered last year.. Which might mean that they might call us today if they were to call, because with an average ish of 2 per college you'd think they'd just make a couple of calls at the end of a long day instead of coming into work tomorrow or the day after (??)

Well... Firstly I don't have an offer from Durham (yet*hopes*) and it's a very long way away and rather cold.. I'd have to re-think after all of this is over!

The horrible thing is I know that the phone won't ring at 3 on the dot because that's not what happens... urgh.
Reply 599
Original post by unbridled
I've just been pooled by Trinity Hall for English. Not quite sure what to feel right now..

I was pooled for CompSci, sucks huh.
I'm happy in a way but I don't like this wait.

Latest

Trending

Trending