The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

bcu diagnostic radiography

Hi, I had my interview at bcu for radiography in early December, still no news. Any others still waiting impatiently

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You'll hear shortly I'm sure. I had my interview early December too and I've just today been offered a place :smile:. Good luck!
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey, I've been offered a place too:smile: . Got the email today. We must of done something right
Reply 3
Hi, congrats on your offers! I have an interview at bcu this week, how did you find the interview? :smile:
Reply 4
Hi Jessie, it was ok. The thought of the interview is worse than the actual interview, its really informal. They asked me why I wanted to do it, what are the duties, why have you chosen BCU and to talk a little bit about myself. Good luck with the interview. P.s take a snack with you, I got so hungry my stomach made unearthly noises through the interview
Reply 5
Original post by heyhanna
Hi Jessie, it was ok. The thought of the interview is worse than the actual interview, its really informal. They asked me why I wanted to do it, what are the duties, why have you chosen BCU and to talk a little bit about myself. Good luck with the interview. P.s take a snack with you, I got so hungry my stomach made unearthly noises through the interview

Thanks for your reply! Think my interview was ok so will just have to wait and see now!
Reply 6
Hi peeps!!! I got my interview on in april. Can anyone who already has had an interview give some detailed advice please!!!

Much appreciated!
Reply 7
Hi, you watch a presentation given by a tutor, have a tour and a chat with current students and the interview, which lasted about 20mins. They asked why do you want to be a radiographer, what does it involve, why have you chosen BCU and talk abit about yourself. Hope all goes well. Pls let us know how you get on.
Reply 8
Hi,
i am hoping to apply this year for diagnostic radiography at bcu for 2014. I know it says on the entry requirements that experience is mandatory so I have emaile/wrote to pretty much every hospital (NHS and private) and clinic in the west mids for experience but I just keep bein told they're full or they don't do experience. Any tips on where to try/names/email addresses/numbers of anyone I can contact? Thanks!
Reply 9
Original post by Lauram90
Hi,
i am hoping to apply this year for diagnostic radiography at bcu for 2014. I know it says on the entry requirements that experience is mandatory so I have emaile/wrote to pretty much every hospital (NHS and private) and clinic in the west mids for experience but I just keep bein told they're full or they don't do experience. Any tips on where to try/names/email addresses/numbers of anyone I can contact? Thanks!

Hi Lauram

If you go on the Salford Uni website, go to the Diagnostic Radiography area, around there their should be a download tab for recommended placements, if you email one of them they will defo get back to you.

Try Royal Oldham Hospital or Bolton, they will defo get back to you. I have my clinical visit arranged for march 1st.

Good Luck!!!
Reply 10
Thanks heyhanna for the advice.

Ive got an interview at Bradford on 6th March, Salford on 13th and Birmingham on 16th april. Im still waiting for sheffield. Whats your current position? ANy offers yet?
Reply 11
Hi, I've excepted an offer from BCU, I didn't apply anywhere else so I'm very lucky. My placement day was at Birmingham city hospital. I wrote a letter direct to the imaging department asking for a placement day.
Reply 12
Original post by Lauram90
Hi,

If you're having trouble try getting in touch with BCU. They can usually put you in touch with someone to get some. Some hospitals also prefer you to actually have an offer/interview before they give you any which defeats the point really!

You could try Cheltenham if its not too far away. They accept year 11 and 12s ill see if I can find you the web page.

Edit:
http://www.gloshospitals.org.uk/en/Work-for-Us/Work-Experience/Students-in-School-Years-101112/Radiography/

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 13
Thanks for all the advice.
Will contact them later today. What sort of thing should I be putting in my letter to them? Wondering now if I don't sound enthusiastic enough and this is why no one is getting back to me.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 15
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 16
Hi, with regards to writing a letter for a placement day, just explain your interest in radiography and you would like an insight into it. The interview is informal, just make sure you know the role of a radiographer.
Reply 17
Haven't heard from BCU yet :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Thanks auron2013, I contacted royal oldham the same day and they got straight back to me and gave me a form to fill out and said they will get back to me in a few week with a date.

wrote directly to city hospital Birmingham radiography too

Thanks for the advice
Reply 19
Hey where can i get a shadowing experience straight away at a Radiology Department? Its taking too long

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending