The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Social Work at Queens 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by DelboyD
I am from Bangor. I am really looking forward to starting my new life and career. At 39 years old I hope this is my last vocation change! lol
#

:smile:). Well I am 32 and really looking forward to it too :smile:. Can still hardly believe it! Beyond excited really and like you, looking forward to my new life :smile:). Really will be great to meet new friends and get my brain working again. Think I am going to be a bit of a geek too (like ones posting above lol) and get some reading done over the summer. It won't be long going in!!
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 1981
[QUOTE="Jennyxxx;42766730"]
Original post by Bennett19
Hello, i'm new to this site, just been having a wee read through and I got accepted to BMC (whoop) but i got a letter from queens to say I met the criteria but was on the waiting list. Had already firmed BMC so I assume that means I can't do anything about queens now? Has anyone heard anything about comparisons between the two courses? I couldn't attend the information evening as I was working but both sound excellent. I'm hoping that the course will be fairly mixed age-wise, what kind of experience does everyone have in regards to social care work? Congrats to everyone who have received offers and best of luck to those who are waiting to hear back![/QUOTE

Hiya Bennett

How ru? Good to hear of someone else going to BMC! Im hoping for a mix in age myself as I suppose i technicially go down as a mature student at the age of 28 :smile: Bit nervous about going back to study but looking forward to it! Wonder what the timetable will be like?!

Hi guys! Ive also firmed BMC, and im 28 as well so ur not alone Jenny!
Reply 1982
Hi everyone

has anyone heard anything about the access ni check? Not sure whether we have to do it ourselves or if the uni does it?
Original post by KelRush
Yes 'Delboy D'; I have firmed the UGR. Where you at the 'Social Work from the Inside' event? Where were you sitting lol?? Trying to put faces to some people :smile:

I'm UGR. In 36 and live in dundonald.:smile:
Original post by Angie85
Hi everyone

has anyone heard anything about the access ni check? Not sure whether we have to do it ourselves or if the uni does it?

I've been wondering that too, it says in my offer that it's subject to registration with NISCC & information in relation to this will follow. Maybe info about Access NI will too. I'd like to get on the ball soon if we do have to do it ourselves as I had to wait over 3 mts for mine to clear in the past :s
Reply 1985
Its all very confusing lol i actually asked about the access ni at the interview and they told me that we wouldn't need it until we go on placement :confused:
Reply 1986
Original post by Cgeddes77
I'm UGR. In 36 and live in dundonald.:smile:

Great :smile:. Another confirmed UGRer lol :smile:. This is great. Can't wait to see everyone in person now and find out who's who lol :smile:. It is going to be wonderful meeting new people :smile:. We are going to spend a significant amoutn of time together over the next few years lol:smile:
Reply 1987
Original post by KelRush
Great :smile:. Another confirmed UGRer lol :smile:. This is great. Can't wait to see everyone in person now and find out who's who lol :smile:. It is going to be wonderful meeting new people :smile:. We are going to spend a significant amoutn of time together over the next few years lol:smile:

This is true and I am looking forward to getting to know you all. We are the future of social work, the responsibility of it all has not quite sunk in yet. :smile:
Reply 1988
[QUOTE="Angie85;42783934"]
Original post by Jennyxxx

Hi guys! Ive also firmed BMC, and im 28 as well so ur not alone Jenny!

Hey Angie awww thats good to hear!!its always a bit scary going back when your a bit older.Where ru travelling from?
Reply 1989
[QUOTE="Jennyxxx;42823132"]
Original post by Angie85

Hey Angie awww thats good to hear!!its always a bit scary going back when your a bit older.Where ru travelling from?

I live in glengormley so haven't far to go to get 2 BMC, getting to magee in 3rd year will be a nightmare lol where r u coming from?
Reply 1990
Is there anyone else around the age of 20 firming bmc? It will obviously be good to mix with a range of age groups but I think I'm the youngest one on this going to bmc lol
Reply 1991
[QUOTE="Angie85;42825753"]
Original post by Jennyxxx

I live in glengormley so haven't far to go to get 2 BMC, getting to magee in 3rd year will be a nightmare lol where r u coming from?

I live in East Belfast so Millfield is grand for me too. Yes im the same...3rd year wont be easy though ive been told its only the first semester we attend classes. It puts me off slighty the idea of travelling so far but I guess you do what you have too. Im banking on a good mix of us being in the same boat and lift sharing etc!
Original post by Chloeh7
Is there anyone else around the age of 20 firming bmc? It will obviously be good to mix with a range of age groups but I think I'm the youngest one on this going to bmc lol

Hi Chloe, im just finishing my Alevels and will be going to BMC so it good to have age difference:-)
Reply 1993
[QUOTE="Jennyxxx;42837474"]
Original post by Angie85

I live in East Belfast so Millfield is grand for me too. Yes im the same...3rd year wont be easy though ive been told its only the first semester we attend classes. It puts me off slighty the idea of travelling so far but I guess you do what you have too. Im banking on a good mix of us being in the same boat and lift sharing etc!

Yeah im hoping for that as well lol starting driving lessons so hopefully i'll be able 2 drive by 3rd year! I cant wait to start :smile:
Reply 1994
Aw that's great crystal94. Can't wait to start and meet everyone! It will be great to get to know everyone of all ages I was just afraid of being the youngest and no 1 else there that was my age
Hey guys, anyone received anymore information from their university in regards to access Ni and registration with the niscc? ive printed off a registration form, just gotta find out about sending off id etc but I wasn't sure what is happening with the grant you can apply for? time is ticking away and i'm keen to get everything sorted-same with getting a reading list etc! and for student finance- i phoned them up as i've already done a degree and they weren't able to tell me much about funding- are the education and library boards anymore help? It's great to see a mix of people have gotten into the course-i'm 25 myself and was pretty nervous at the idea of being the only one around my age.
Reply 1996
hello everyone!! i am trying to accept my place on UCAS right now, but i cannot access the website.. has anyone else got this problem, or can you give me any advice at all? :smile:
Reply 1997
Original post by cduffy26
hello everyone!! i am trying to accept my place on UCAS right now, but i cannot access the website.. has anyone else got this problem, or can you give me any advice at all? :smile:

It might just be down or under maintenance at the minute! It should be fine after a while or keep trying! :smile: Some times I can't get on but when I try again it works! :smile:
Reply 1998
guys this is an e-petition to stop scrapping January exams, it has already got 10 000 signature.Sign it:
https://submissions.epetitions.direc...etitions/41702
Reply 1999
Original post by cduffy26

track is actually down atm but they have extended the deadline and will get it up and running again soon-ish! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending