The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Social Work at Queens 2013

There wasn't a specific thread on Social Work at Queens for this year so I thought I would make one! :smile:
I have already done my second personal statement of 600 words so I am just waiting on word back from that! So nervouss!

How is everyone else getting along?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
just doing my 600 word statement as we speak haha so nervous have u applied any were else?
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 2
Original post by icepop
just doing my 600 word statement as we speak haha so nervous have u applied any were else?

I did mine before christmas! :frown: feels like I have been waiting agess! I applied to University of Ulster, Edge Hill and Liverpool Hope :smile: wbu?
Reply 3
Original post by KerryF94
There wasn't a specific thread on Social Work at Queens for this year so I thought I would make one! :smile:
I have already done my second personal statement of 600 words so I am just waiting on word back from that! So nervouss!

How is everyone else getting along?

Hi Kerry,
I've also applied to social work, was wondering what the second personal statement is based on? I applied 10th Jan and have only recieved a confirmation, really nervous! Hope I get asked for second personal statement :s-smilie:
Reply 4
Original post by Laura56
Hi Kerry,
I've also applied to social work, was wondering what the second personal statement is based on? I applied 10th Jan and have only recieved a confirmation, really nervous! Hope I get asked for second personal statement :s-smilie:

I did my second personel statement I've an interview on the 20th feb. The second personal statement is just about what a social worker does, what do you have to do to become a social worker and what made you decide to be a social worker :smile: if you need anymore help message me! :smile:
Reply 5
I did mine before christmas! :frown: feels like I have been waiting agess! I applied to University of Ulster, Edge Hill and Liverpool Hope :smile: wbu?

hi i applied to magee and queens how long did u have to wait b4 u got
lword about interview:smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by icepop
hi i applied to magee and queens how long did u have to wait b4 u got
lword about interview:smile:

after i did my second personal statement i waited about a month! :smile:
Reply 7
cheers i have heard they let u no quickly if u havent made it to interview stage so no news is gud :smile:
Reply 8
I've an interview too on the 20th! :smile: im so nervous cause i dont know what they are going to ask! i applied to UU they interview with queens but i havent heard word from them so i dont know what way its going to work :smile:
Reply 9
after i did my second personal statement i waited about a month! :smile:

Hi I,m waiting too,applied to QUB n UU. Didn't get in last year though.Where do you find scenarios help for the interviews? :confused:
Reply 10
Original post by dori5
Hi I,m waiting too,applied to QUB n UU. Didn't get in last year though.Where do you find scenarios help for the interviews? :confused:

Heyy =] Did you get an interview last year?
I googled it and seen last years threads :smile:
Reply 11
Heyy =] Did you get an interview last year?
I googled it and seen last years threads :smile:

Hi yep I got an interview but interview technique was poor! What were last years threads?
Reply 12
Original post by dori5
Hi yep I got an interview but interview technique was poor! What were last years threads?

I seen this one! :smile:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1923941
If you want message me! You can help me since you know what to expect! :biggrin:
Reply 13
Hi thanks for the thread. Last yr was 6 questions in 15 mins. why sw,what do u know about the course,what qualities u hav re sw,tell me about a time you lead a team,scenario about disabled clients and I can't for the life of me remember the very last one.Hope this helps u a bit. where's ur interview for QUB or UU?
Reply 14
Original post by dori5
Hi thanks for the thread. Last yr was 6 questions in 15 mins. why sw,what do u know about the course,what qualities u hav re sw,tell me about a time you lead a team,scenario about disabled clients and I can't for the life of me remember the very last one.Hope this helps u a bit. where's ur interview for QUB or UU?

my interview for queens is on the 20th feb.. i let them compare my application so i only have one interview that applies too all of the courses in NI that I applied too.
Reply 15
Hi Kerry, How long did you wait to hear about your interview after you sent your second statement back?

Karen x
Reply 16
Aw just seen earlier post, I hope I don't wait a month, the waiting is a killer.
Reply 17
?aw karen me too the waiting is awful my second statement had to be in by the 19th jan so just waiting to hear wbu?
Reply 18
Hi, mine had to be back for tomorrow, I have applied for queens & magee. I'm not good at waiting. I wonder how much notice you get for your interview, I suppose it would be a good idea to start looking over questions now. Hope you hear soon x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
cheers i think u get a week or two notice of ur interview gud luck to u 2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending