The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Social Work at Queens 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by KerryF94
Aww well done! The BMC interviews sound to be much more relaxed than the actual Queens one! Mine was 5 weeks ago! Feels so annoying waiting! Good luck though! :biggrin:

Thanks :smile: 5 weeks??!! I'd be pulling my hair out lol yeah BMC was really relaxed, the interviewers were lovely. They also told me that if ur waiting 2 weeks or more, the more likely that u will be getting an offer, they said that no news is def good news in this case so fingers crossed!
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 381
Original post by Angie85
Thanks :smile: 5 weeks??!! I'd be pulling my hair out lol yeah BMC was really relaxed, the interviewers were lovely. They also told me that if ur waiting 2 weeks or more, the more likely that u will be getting an offer, they said that no news is def good news in this case so fingers crossed!

Yeah, if you get an instant rejection you find out quick quickly but if not they send out a first batch of offers and rejections late april then once people have firmed or declined they send out a second batch. SO fingers crossed we have all done fine! :smile:
Original post by Jennyxxx
Hi Guys

Thanks for the advice!Had the dreaded interview yesterday :wink: Glad to have it done and dusted! Applied for both QUB and Belfast Met so we shall see. Guess its just a waiting game now! Hoping theres a few mature students that have applied this year....dont want to be the only 28 year old.lol :colondollar:

Hi dont worry I will be 34yrs old if I get in so your not alone hun, and Ive applied to both :smile: xxx
Original post by KerryF94
Heyy! Aww cool! Thats so close!
Where would your first choice be? My first choice is definitely Queens! :smile:
The waiting is the worst![/QUO
I dont care as long as I get a place xxx
Reply 384
Original post by carolinef79
Hi dont worry I will be 34yrs old if I get in so your not alone hun, and Ive applied to both :smile: xxx

Cool!! Was a bit scared at the thought of going back to Uni but thought hey its now or never!lol Applied to both BMC and QUB so we shall see....think my first choice would be Queens though :smile:
Reply 385
Has anyone heard anything yet? The waiting is nerve wrecking...
Reply 386
Original post by seanieno9
Has anyone heard anything yet? The waiting is nerve wrecking...

Nope, we aren't likely to hear for a long time!
Reply 387
Do they send out rejections in late April aswell?? Oh no I didn't know this...I thought after the 2 week period after interview it would most likely be good news!
Reply 388
Original post by Chloeh7
Do they send out rejections in late April aswell?? Oh no I didn't know this...I thought after the 2 week period after interview it would most likely be good news!

Yeah! There is like an instant rejection which happens within the first 2 weeks approximately!
Then once all the interviews are done they send out the first batch of offers and rejections in late april, basically if you score high but not high enough to be at the top of the marks then you won't get in.
Then depending on what people firm and reject with their offers they send out more offers and rejections in may.
Reply 389
Oh no this is not good!! I was hoping it would be good news for all of us on this, didn't know there was still a chance of rejection! Fingers crossed for everyone
Reply 390
Original post by Chloeh7
Oh no this is not good!! I was hoping it would be good news for all of us on this, didn't know there was still a chance of rejection! Fingers crossed for everyone

I thought that too! We just need to be aware of what could happen but stay positive and hope that what we have done is enough!
Everything happens for a reason
Reply 391
I was told at my interview that the longer ur waiting the better. He said that rejections will be out pretty quickly and no news is def good news. That was from the course director at belfast met. Im hoping thats true lol
Reply 392
All my friends have applied for nursing & they all find out now at the end of match yet we've still over a month to hear! It's reallyyyy head frying :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 393
P.s does anyone know when the interviews stop?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 394
Original post by nulz
P.s does anyone know when the interviews stop?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There are a few people on this who have just sent away their second personal statement, id say interviews prob wont be over until mid april :/
Reply 395
Original post by Angie85
I was told at my interview that the longer ur waiting the better. He said that rejections will be out pretty quickly and no news is def good news. That was from the course director at belfast met. Im hoping thats true lol

A girl on this got a rejection last year at like late april
Reply 396
It is soooo hard not to get a tingle of excitement at this stage but knowing u could wait til the bitter end & still get a rejection is heartbreaking:frown: everyone has got in so far who hasn't got an instant rejection the only thing is ppl scoring higher to bump us down! Lets hope we've all scored high enough!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 397
Original post by nulz
It is soooo hard not to get a tingle of excitement at this stage but knowing u could wait til the bitter end & still get a rejection is heartbreaking:frown: everyone has got in so far who hasn't got an instant rejection the only thing is ppl scoring higher to bump us down! Lets hope we've all scored high enough!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know! hopefully we have all done enough! :smile:
Reply 398
Hiya everyone , I asked in Queens and UU and both said they are interviewing up until May , hate this waiting game :frown:
Good luck everyone !!
Reply 399
Original post by bronagh93
Hiya everyone , I asked in Queens and UU and both said they are interviewing up until May , hate this waiting game :frown:
Good luck everyone !!

I know the waiting game is awful!
Good luck to you too! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending