The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Social Work at Queens 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by 1 No Mum
Thank Goodness!!! I was starting to panic a bit there!!! :biggrin:

I know! My heart sank a bit! Im so glad there are dates that we have to hear by! Its a bit unfair that some us have to wait ages and ages and don't get a single word.
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 581
Original post by KerryF94
I know! My heart sank a bit! Im so glad there are dates that we have to hear by! Its a bit unfair that some us have to wait ages and ages and don't get a single word.

I know it is :frown: I dread to think how you must be feeling, as you've been waiting the longest out of us all :frown:

I just hope and pray that it's worth the wait!!! I am getting more anxious this past week or so than I have been since my interview. The fact that I know that rejections could be sent out anytime is really bugging me! I keep going over my interview in my head, thinking 'did I say enough there?' or 'I shudda said that' etc. Thanks so much for making this thread hun, as I dunno where i'd be without it!! :biggrin:
Reply 582
I know it is :frown: I dread to think how you must be feeling, as you've been waiting the longest out of us all :frown:

I just hope and pray that it's worth the wait!!! I am getting more anxious this past week or so than I have been since my interview. The fact that I know that rejections could be sent out anytime is really bugging me! I keep going over my interview in my head, thinking 'did I say enough there?' or 'I shudda said that' etc. Thanks so much for making this thread hun, as I dunno where i'd be without it!! :biggrin:

Im anxious about it but im not good with having patience so waiting for a reply is bugging me so much! I hoped id have it before my birthday but no chance of that. Its hard not to think about the interview and all the what if questions. Interviews are carrying on for ages there must be tonnes of people applying :/
Reply 583
Yeah it's abit strange but I think judging on personality is so unfair, someone quite shy could make an amazing nurse more so than the person who was bubbly & chatty! It just goes to show that no matter how much you prepare do u ever really know what the outcome will be!
It's great that none of us have heard word back yet? Fingers crossed :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 584
Ps does anyone know how many places are available in Magee & queens?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 585
Original post by nulz
Ps does anyone know how many places are available in Magee & queens?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think theres 80 at each :/ im not sure.
I know hopefully ours is done more fairly
Reply 586
Im anxious about it but im not good with having patience so waiting for a reply is bugging me so much! I hoped id have it before my birthday but no chance of that. Its hard not to think about the interview and all the what if questions. Interviews are carrying on for ages there must be tonnes of people applying :/

Yea there must be .......... I'd love to know how many have applied this year! Last year there was over 2000 applicants.

I'm just clinging on to my interviewer's words that 'no news is good news!'

When's your birthday hun?? What are you doing to celebrate? :biggrin:
Reply 587
perhaps the end of may is for post grad entry? or maybe they were telling me lies!
Reply 588
Hiya everyone , when I had my interview I was told that all offers will be given around the start of May !! I have heard of a few people getting rejections from UU .. so fingers crossed for us all !!
Reply 589
Yea there must be .......... I'd love to know how many have applied this year! Last year there was over 2000 applicants.

I'm just clinging on to my interviewer's words that 'no news is good news!'

When's your birthday hun?? What are you doing to celebrate? :biggrin:

My birthday is tomorrow so its unlikely that we will hear. I'm going out with my friends on friday night and spending time with the family tomorrow :smile:
Hey, guys we wont be waiting until the end of may if you applied before the 15th January! They have to tell us by the 9th may regardless of whether interviews are still going! :smile:

Thank goodness for that, my heart was in my mouth when I read there might be another month of horrendous waiting :/! I'm kinda hoping we'll hear by the end of this month, don't think I can wait much longer lol! Happy birthday for tomorrow :smile:
Reply 591
I hare reading on the 'social work 2013' thread about people firming their offers! Aghhh 😖 I'm so excited to hear but I know ill be devastated if I get a rejection, I have my back up plan but it's the thought of re-applying next year & going through this horrible process again 😰

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 592
Original post by MarioFanBoy
Thank goodness for that, my heart was in my mouth when I read there might be another month of horrendous waiting :/! I'm kinda hoping we'll hear by the end of this month, don't think I can wait much longer lol! Happy birthday for tomorrow :smile:

Aww thankyou! :smile:
Reply 593
Happy birthday kerry!! Hope you have a great day !!! Xx
Reply 594
Heyy:smile: does anyone have an interview in Queens today? I am so nervous!
Reply 595
Thank you No1Mum! :biggrin:xx

Good luck for your interview! :smile: I haven't heard of someone having one today but im sure youll do fine! :smile:
Reply 596
Original post by kg109
Heyy:smile: does anyone have an interview in Queens today? I am so nervous!

Good luck at your interview!! Keep calm and you'll do great!! :biggrin: x
Reply 597
Happy birthday Kerry, it was mine yesterday... Hope you enjoy the festivities.

hey guys keep your spirits high.
Reply 598
Original post by seanieno9
Happy birthday Kerry, it was mine yesterday... Hope you enjoy the festivities.

hey guys keep your spirits high.

Thank you! :smile: happy birthday for yesterday
Reply 599
Hi guys :smile:

Happy belated/birthday to Seanie and Kerry! I hope it takes your minds off this for even just a while! So many new people on this thread, it's great to see! Let us know how you get on KG and best of luck!

I contacted both Magee and Queens there to inquire what week exactly that we'd hear back as I kinda thought we might have heard back at the end of this month, judging by previous NI social work threads. Both institutes told me that we would be informed on the week beginning on the 6th, and that they have until the 13th to make their decesion. So anythime that week, I guess. It just seems sooo long away :frown:. They said that interviews are still going on until the end of this month and that they'll take a while to then make their final decision for everyone. So it seems that we'll only find out in the second week of May! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending