The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Social Work at Queens 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Candy crush is soo addictive!! haha... I thought someone said theyre friend had an interview at Magee on like the 24th....maybe i got mixed up
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 781
Original post by Angie85
i recommend candy crush saga and angry gran games lol keeping me well occupied lol :smile:

lol!!! I'll maybe give it a go!!! lol!!! :biggrin: It's always at the back of your mind tho, no matter what ya do!! lol!!

Cracking up big time!! :biggrin:

I heard UU was finished their interviews as well, so it could most definitely be tommorrow for UU applicants.

UU colleges heard 1st last year on 23rd April with Magee's following a few days later.

Kinda want it to be tommorow, but really scared at the same time!! :eek:
Reply 782
I dont want to get my hopes up thinking it might be tomorrow and then it not being.. I think id worry even more thinking oh dear what if im borderline!
Reply 783
Original post by 1 No Mum
lol!!! I'll maybe give it a go!!! lol!!! :biggrin: It's always at the back of your mind tho, no matter what ya do!! lol!!

Cracking up big time!! :biggrin:

I heard UU was finished their interviews as well, so it could most definitely be tommorrow for UU applicants.

UU colleges heard 1st last year on 23rd April with Magee's following a few days later.

Kinda want it to be tommorow, but really scared at the same time!! :eek:

I really hope its tomorrow too :smile: good luck guys!!! Hope we all get a place, this thread has kept me sane these last few weeks :smile:
Reply 784
Original post by KerryF94
I dont want to get my hopes up thinking it might be tomorrow and then it not being.. I think id worry even more thinking oh dear what if im borderline!

Deep breaths!! Lol :smile: i dont think they would keep us waiting so long if it wasnt good news, positive thinking all the way lol
Reply 785
Original post by Angie85
Deep breaths!! Lol :smile: i dont think they would keep us waiting so long if it wasnt good news, positive thinking all the way lol

I was thinking that until someone said they waited the whole way then got rejected :s-smilie: But i think in most cases its good news
Reply 786
Sorry ladies for causing a panic. Today was told by a social work student and then checked it out, a batch of students received offers/unsuccessful's on the 23rd of April las year. Whilst Ucas have deadlines to be met, it's not unusual prospective students can find out beforehand.

Kerry I think it's quite acceptable to have another week of interviews if this is the case, I say this because I'm thinking that as we are all scored in terms of our applications, it may be the case that a first batch of offers can go out now, and then the week after the second. ? Again apologies for causing alarm. Best of luck everyone and I hope we are all class mates very soon...
Reply 787
Im just thinking that since they have to compare information and stuff.. the interviews didn't last as long last year which is probably why they found out sooner.
I think depending on the way they mark them sending out offers while there are still interviews could cause an issue if every person offered firmed it, yet people with a later interview did higher mark wise
Reply 788
Original post by seanieno9
Sorry ladies for causing a panic. Today was told by a social work student and then checked it out, a batch of students received offers/unsuccessful's on the 23rd of April las year. Whilst Ucas have deadlines to be met, it's not unusual prospective students can find out beforehand.

Kerry I think it's quite acceptable to have another week of interviews if this is the case, I say this because I'm thinking that as we are all scored in terms of our applications, it may be the case that a first batch of offers can go out now, and then the week after the second. ? Again apologies for causing alarm. Best of luck everyone and I hope we are all class mates very soon...

Aw I hope so too!! lol!!It is definitely a possibility!! I hope your right!! (kinda :s-smilie: :eek:)

Maybe the colleges will find out tomorrow, just like last year.....

I would love to find the 2011 SW thread to see what way their dates were, but can't seem to find it......
Reply 789
Yes, there are a few drawbacks, however based on the criteria being met, the universities may well be ready to make an offer to say 150 applicants who have met the requirements.
Reply 790
Im just thinking that the applicants who are yet to have an interview could do amazing therefore pushing everyone else down the chain which could mean a similar thing to what happened at UU last year were people got offers and then got changed
Reply 791
Original post by KerryF94

Kerry, I'm not sure that you have to worry about being borderline, essentially if you don't meet the requirements, you won't get an offer. My understanding is that if you don't meet them you get told very quickly. I'd say the list of potential students is well down to manageable numbers...

An example I can relate to, I know of a person who applied, had what i'd expect to be great knowledge and understanding and more, and by all accounts should be waiting on an offer.

I can't go into all the details, but this person got an unsuccessful...

so what I'm saying is, there won't be huge numbers left to interview, and I'd say loads of applicants know where they stand. To a large extent.
Reply 792
:smile: Should read back before submitting more often
Reply 793
I've just been thinking about offers and places this past week really. At the minute in my head if I get an offer for queens this would be my first choice however I've been thinking that I'm not sure if il get the exact grades to get in and am a bit worried that if I accept and don't get the grades I won't have a place anywhere else as I will have declined. I was thinking to change my first choice to Belfast met just to be on the safe side and accept there if I get an offer. I won't find out my grades until late may so i would heart broken of I got an offer for queens, accepted it but didn't have the grades and then end up with a place no where. Any advice on this or should I stick to the safe option and go with bmc?
Reply 794
You can firm Queens and keep BMC as your insurance offer, this option will appear depending on the number of offers you receive. So you will decline 2 and keep 2 again depending on the number of places you applied to
Reply 795
Oh really I didn't know this at all. Thanks for letting me know. So basically I can accept queens and if I get the grades that's great however if I keep bmc as my insurance offer and don't make it to queens I can then accept bmc if there are enough places?
Reply 796
I think what you actually is firm both offers, you'll have your first choice and then the insurance offer. Not sure it based on places being available. Additional places only become available I suspect when people, A) make their choices and B) get the grades, or not get the grades as the case may be.
Thanks :smile: ive only applied for queens and im sooo nervous :frown: if i havent got into queens i suppose ill have to have my second baba or go to work for another year then try again next year! lol really really hope i get in :frown: x
Reply 798
Ok great that's helped a lot. It is def possible if I get an offer to get the grades for queens however some modules this year are more nursing based which I am finding difficult to get the high grades in. As long as I can have back up if I end up not getting the grades is good news to me
Reply 799
Yeah you firm one and put another as the insurance then in August, if you dont get into your firm your insurance make a decision :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending