The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Social Work at Queens 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Original post by MarioFanBoy
Lol no probs Littlejane, I've been going a bit mad myself! Kerry they just said the usual- it could be on or any day before the UCAS deadline :/

They are soo secretive! My friend goes to Queens and she said their admin is awful! They always leave things really late.. obviously..
I really want an offer but at the same time theyve had my application since November and its now May :/ I know its competitive but atleast get back to people quickly to let them make their decisions
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Original post by KerryF94
They are soo secretive! My friend goes to Queens and she said their admin is awful! They always leave things really late.. obviously..
I really want an offer but at the same time theyve had my application since November and its now May :/ I know its competitive but atleast get back to people quickly to let them make their decisions

Yeh I found their admin to be less than helpful when I studied there & not the most pleasant of folks either :s-smilie: Nothing could be worse than Qsis, their online enrolment system. I was nearly bald with stress trying to work that thing lol!
Reply 1582
Yeh I found their admin to be less than helpful when I studied there & not the most pleasant of folks either :s-smilie: Nothing could be worse than Qsis, their online enrolment system. I was nearly bald with stress trying to work that thing lol!

Im trying to be excited but its a bit annoying
I just rang and they said the graduate route offers have definitely not been sent! So there is still hope yay lol. I must say I really think that everyone on this feed are going to make great social workers and everyone seems so motivated and excited! Would be great to all stay in touch and help out with topics and discussions when the time comes :smile:
Reply 1584
Original post by LaurenMcN:)
I just rang and they said the graduate route offers have definitely not been sent! So there is still hope yay lol. I must say I really think that everyone on this feed are going to make great social workers and everyone seems so motivated and excited! Would be great to all stay in touch and help out with topics and discussions when the time comes :smile:

I know! :smile: I kinda wish some offers had been sent out because then at least we would know theyve started! Im so impatient :frown:
Omg, ate you serious, that's an awful amount of messing people about... It's simply not good enough.

amcgregor... I think I was just sitting next to you last night at the info meeting, could be wrong tho,

I'm driving from cookstown to Magee should I choose to take my offer, it takes roughly 1 hr to get to Magee from here. The road wouldn't be the best, but I'm sure I'd get use to it.

its very tough to make a decision I'm kinda in the same boat as you, family, work etc. it's 3 years of your life, and I feel it's a sacrifice worth making. BMC would be very handy for you though
Reply 1586
Original post by seanieno9
Omg, ate you serious, that's an awful amount of messing people about... It's simply not good enough.

amcgregor... I think I was just sitting next to you last night at the info meeting, could be wrong tho,

I'm driving from cookstown to Magee should I choose to take my offer, it takes roughly 1 hr to get to Magee from here. The road wouldn't be the best, but I'm sure I'd get use to it.

its very tough to make a decision I'm kinda in the same boat as you, family, work etc. it's 3 years of your life, and I feel it's a sacrifice worth making. BMC would be very handy for you though

It is getting to be one of the most stressful and annoying things I have ever waited for.
Hugely distracting, so much misinformation, I'm a bit miffed, why would Magee tell us last night that Queens grad route offers went out, for Queens to tell us they haven't.

inter-uni politics at its best?
Reply 1588
Hugely distracting, so much misinformation, I'm a bit miffed, why would Magee tell us last night that Queens grad route offers went out, for Queens to tell us they haven't.

Maybe there was a mix up or something.. I don't know :/ Goodness knows! There's waiting then there's ridiculously waiting.
Original post by MelissaD22
I have applied for queens. But I'm going to go to Magee. Both university's are of a high standard but I loved how friendly the lectures were last night. Even the administration staff were so nice.

Hey Melissa, I totally agree... I think we could car pool on a daily or weekly basis, I think the more I think about the university and focus on the positives as opposed to travel issues I might firm Magee and get on with it?

Maybe UU wanted all the grad people to go home and firm their offers for Magee! The lady on the phone said that UU should not have said that and it is incorrect information :s-smilie:
Reply 1591
Too confusing.
Original post by KerryF94
Too confusing.

I know but all will be revealed next week :smile: we shall just have to try to forget about it over the weekend & be patient....easier said than done though lol!
Reply 1593
I know but all will be revealed next week :smile: we shall just have to try to forget about it over the weekend & be patient....easier said than done though lol!

There is so much false information going around! :frown:
To keep us waiting to deadline day would be hugely unfair, it's not like they have a different pool of people to choose from
Reply 1595
Hi everyone! Been following this for a few days now and decided to join in. Congrats to every one on their offers for UU and best of luck to those of us still waiting on QUB! Just have a few Qs to ask about the info evening (to those who were at it). Does anyone know how many days a week there is on campus for the 2 year RGR? Also when is the official start date? Do we get any choice in the location of placements? Thanks, :biggrin:
I know! It's annoying, I was really panicking when I read last night that the Queen's grad offers were out & it was too late to ring to check out this info :s-smilie: I'm just gonna try my best to have a good weekend & put Queen's to the back of my mind! :smile:
Reply 1597
Original post by Littlejane
Hey everyone,just back from the long drive home from magee. Thought tonight was very informative. Have to say feeling a bit down that queens 2 year offers are already out as they havent gotten back to me. :-(
The reality of the whole financial situation of going to magee is starting to hit. I'd have to move to derry as the fuel prices travelling from newry would equal rent. However I'm going to have to look for somewhere with a short term lease because my placement could be anywhere and as they mentioned this evening some placements offer accomodatin at special rates if they're far away. Lots to think about... PLUS Im so disapointed tution fees arent covered by the sw incentive scheme, not sure where I got the idea from originally but I thought they were also covered.
Overall the staff seemed really nice and enthusiastic and it seems like a great place to study.

Hi, can I ask how long it took you travelling from newry? Im from newry too and am considering the 2 year RGR at Magee but it'd cost so much on travel!
Reply 1598
To keep us waiting to deadline day would be hugely unfair, it's not like they have a different pool of people to choose from

I know! It looks like they are going to though!
Original post by Ciara88
Hi everyone! Been following this for a few days now and decided to join in. Congrats to every one on their offers for UU and best of luck to those of us still waiting on QUB! Just have a few Qs to ask about the info evening (to those who were at it). Does anyone know how many days a week there is on campus for the 2 year RGR? Also when is the official start date? Do we get any choice in the location of placements? Thanks, :biggrin:

Hey, Ciara thank you and best of luck to you also.

The 2 year route is 4 days per week, family and children placements are compulsory, there is a bit of scope in the 2nd year for choosing placements from what I gather. However this must be with an adult service user group.

official start date is the 23rd of September, with two induction days the week before... Colleges start a week before the universities

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending