The Student Room Group

Aerospace engineering

Hi guys :smile: so lets get to the point, i really wanna do something to deal with engineering, but i have one issue, i came from italy 4 years ago, and ive been put in year 10, which means i had to do my gcse's without having a solid base to work on, i did pretty well, i only failed Geography by getting a D but the issue is this, i wanted to do Physics at college, but because i did foundation at High school, i jus can't... atm im doing, Geography,French and Maths, and im planning on doing, M1,M2,M3 along with maths, will having these mechanics modules satisfy unis? Ive looked around and the only uni ive found that doesnt require physics for aerospace engineering is Swansea, but i've watched a documentary while ago, and didnt seem like the right place to live at, but you know media is the media .. i hope you could help me out :smile: and if you know any uni that doesnt require physics please let me know, otherwise i will go for my plan B, go to Southampton uni and do environmental engineering
Reply 1
I think Manchester want at least one science subject (if you can't offer physics, you must have mechanics applied modules). I think that's generally the trend for the "top" universities.

The best thing to do is to actually email the universities. Explain your situation and let them know what you are studying. Some of them might be able to grant you a place, or adjust the entry requirements specifically for you. The only way to find out is to ask!

Mechanical Engineering is an alternative. I have seen more places do mechanical than aerospace. So there is a wider pool of places for you to look at. The two degrees are very similar, so it's worth considering.
Reply 2
Original post by SillyEddy
I think Manchester want at least one science subject (if you can't offer physics, you must have mechanics applied modules). I think that's generally the trend for the "top" universities.

The best thing to do is to actually email the universities. Explain your situation and let them know what you are studying. Some of them might be able to grant you a place, or adjust the entry requirements specifically for you. The only way to find out is to ask!

Mechanical Engineering is an alternative. I have seen more places do mechanical than aerospace. So there is a wider pool of places for you to look at. The two degrees are very similar, so it's worth considering.

thank you for answering, ive just emailed the uni, because it says 'A level: Grades AAA. This should include Mathematics (must include applied/mechanical element - if not Physics must be offered) and a science (Physics preferred but Chemistry, Biology or Engineering Science also acceptable). Two AS-levels of equivalent grade are acceptable in place of a third A-level. General Studies is not accepted.' but ive seen that Geography is classified as a science
Reply 3
Where does it mention that Geography is a science? I would've thought it meant physics/chemistry/biology, but I could be wrong.
Reply 4
Southampton says so, but it might be their idea that geography is a science, might be a far branch of it

Quick Reply

Latest