The Student Room Group

I have a problem with drunk texting

I do it way too much.

I've asked girls out in a blatant way, even asked them if they fancy a hook up, all terribly embarrassing stuff.

Thing is, I want to add this cool girl on Facebook, but I'm petrified that I'll just drunk message her as well, as she seems really cool and that would not be cool.

Best not to add her probably? Just talk to her in real life/Twitter (how much can you screw up in 140 words?).
Stop getting so drunk. Simple.
Mittens!

Just put on mittens and instruct a friend to use a chain with a padlock to secure them to your hands and not to undo said padlock until morning. You can still drink but you can't type.
Reply 3
But I enjoy it.

I've even started deleting girls from my phone when I go out and then adding them back the next morning just to avoid it.
Logout of Facebook the night before, hopefully you'll either mess up the password or email address when trying to get back online.
Reply 5
Well you have a serious problem with self-control when drunk. Used to have a similar problem with logging on to facebook and making an arse out of myself when drunk, but then one day I decided to stop and so far I have. You just need some self control, maybe leave your phone at home when you go out?
Reply 6
Do you need your phone when you're out? Maybe you could lock your texts or your internet or something when you're out with some complicated number you won't remember when you're drunk.
Reply 7
Make "Don't be a dick" your background pic, so even when you're drunk you can be like "Ahh, better not do this."
you randy monkey.
Reply 10
You only text them because you want to text them, so ask yourself, why do you want to text them?
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous
But I enjoy it.

I've even started deleting girls from my phone when I go out and then adding them back the next morning just to avoid it.

This is pretty sad. Either show some self restraint - or don't. What do you want us to say here?

Come out of your shell and stop being so randy when drunk, or get back in your shell and stay there regardless of how inebriated you are.
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous
But I enjoy it.

First of all. Ahahahahaha, i'm sorry :colone:
Secondly. Can you really not control yourself? Ask for a friend to change your passwork the night your drink and change it when you're not anymore instead of deleting people of your contact list. Maybe?
Reply 13
It's like another facet of my personality just takes over when I get wrecked.

I guess not taking my phone out is the best solution, as long as I'm sure where my friends are meeting me for drinks. But then I could just send a text when I get home anyway. Hmmm.
Reply 14
Surely you can control yourself, right? I find it hard to believe you have 0 self-control when you're drunk.

If you know you're making this mistake, don't make it again? Just keep a grip on yourself even well.. when you're drunk. Seems hard but make it a conscious effort not to take your phone out and start texting.

Perhaps you can ask one of your friends to stop you, if you go out with them, from texting?
Reply 15
I'll concentrate really hard. A few times I remember stopping myself, visualising the no-entry sign every time I picked up my phone and it worked.
Reply 16
At least you'll know pretty quickly if it happens to go wrong. I had a problem with drunk internet shopping and wouldn't realise until I'd receive post that I had no memory of ordering... coloured contact lenses were the best.

If I were you I'd log out of anything that means you could message someone and give your phone to a friend. If you enjoy it though, why do you want to stop? It will be pretty clear that you're drunk from the text, so although girls may find it annoying, they may not see it as the real you (if that makes sense?)
Reply 17
Just don't get that drunk.
I mean, we've all sent drunk messages, but most of the time I don't regret them because I am only saying what I really mean/feel, so I've done myself a favour most of the time.
But I normally kind of know that what I am about to text isn't what I would normally say, and I could stop myself, I just choose not to - but maybe when you are at this point you should just stop yourself?
Reply 18
Maybe get a cheap basic phone with a pay as you go sim in it for when you go out drinking and only keep numbers you think you may need on it and leave your regular one at home. As the phone won't have aps and no internet brower/a very slow and akward to use one you'll be less likely to log on to facebook to.
Reply 19
Guys, I did it! Got lashed tonight and didn't send any embarrassing texts. Going to sleep now. Thanks for your support. I consider this 1-0. Going out tomorrow so hopefully 2-0 :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending