The Student Room Group

Spliced and diced - perhaps one day, a little shredded!

Scroll to see replies

Kinda sad you've stopped lifting but also happy I have a chance to catch up :biggrin:
Original post by Motorbiker
Can you not still Bench/Press?

Become an upper body bro? You can be the guy that never trains legs because of that injury that actually has an injury.

I tense my legs during OHP for sat solid base (not leg drive) and hence I can feel in on my knee. Benching requires you to dig your feet in and hence knee.
A life of press, bench and some row variant with some pullups is ****ing boring tbh having done it for nearly 3 months. Can't barbell row atm due to deadlifting it up and stability holding it in place. So theres that aswell...

Original post by illusionz
A sad day. Hope you're back soon or even my bench might catch up with you.

Also +1 to just becoming a bro.

I've also gotta say I'm very grateful for the endless badgering telling me to sort out my grip on deadlifts. Made huge progress as a result!

You wait, I'll be a coach for my advice... Coach cucumber has a ring to it

Original post by AreebWithaHat
Kinda sad you've stopped lifting but also happy I have a chance to catch up :biggrin:

Gainz, go make some!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Angry cucumber
You wait, I'll be a coach for my advice... Coach cucumber has a ring to it

I like it.
I tense my legs during OHP for sat solid base (not leg drive) and hence I can feel in on my knee. Benching requires you to dig your feet in and hence knee.
A life of press, bench and some row variant with some pullups is ****ing boring tbh having done it for nearly 3 months. Can't barbell row atm due to deadlifting it up and stability holding it in place. So theres that aswell...

Do seated press.

Benching does not require that. It HELPS you to bench mroe but is not necessary.

I did it when in snap city at end of 2012. Was fine, made good pressing gains.

Also, Hit Dips/Chins hard as well. Weighed and reps.
Do seated press.

Benching does not require that. It HELPS you to bench mroe but is not necessary.

I did it when in snap city at end of 2012. Was fine, made good pressing gains.

Also, Hit Dips/Chins hard as well. Weighed and reps.

If it was just a knee problem then yes I'd become a bro but I have my back aswell, dangling pretty damn heavy weight (35kg + on dips) puts strain on that.. Not overly comfortable. Same with bench.. Not comfortable to be in the arch.
Once I'm fixed I'll be back, I just see no point in messing around as I am currently.
I have no motivation to lift, I'm just going to keep losing weight as I am currently for the time being.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If it was just a knee problem then yes I'd become a bro but I have my back aswell, dangling pretty damn heavy weight (35kg + on dips) puts strain on that.. Not overly comfortable. Same with bench.. Not comfortable to be in the arch.
Once I'm fixed I'll be back, I just see no point in messing around as I am currently.
I have no motivation to lift, I'm just going to keep losing weight as I am currently for the time being.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough, if it's back as well then rest up, cut down the fat and use this as a good cuting oppurtunity.

Come back shredded and healed.
:frown:

what about machines? :biggrin:
Just an update

Being on absolute rest sucks. Rediscovered my PS3... And that is about life for me atm with some gardening (big garden) :yy:

Appetite is gone so losing weight is not too bad tbh, got the most abs I've ever had.

Doing a fair amount of pushups, should train HSPUs but there is nowhere obvious in my house to do them.. So many pictures and windows lol
Will do them more regularly this week

Seeing consultant about previous BMT on Tuesday and then back guy in Nottingham on Wednesday... Will see then.

Job induction tomorrow... Children's adventure play thing... We shall see on that note

Knee might actually be healing.. We'll see after 10 hours on and off my feet tomorrow lol

If I remember I'll do a cache of useful resources so that I can have a cache of things to link people to on the fitness section. As apparently it's painfully obvious that I don't know what I'm on about.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
You sound like a retiree lol

You can do handstands against a shut door?
Original post by silent ninja
You sound like a retiree lol

You can do handstands against a shut door?

I'm retired until further notice :tongue:
Dem injured feels :frown:

Aye that is the plan.. Enough excuses from me! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Paper and interesting/ useful shizz

Why crossfit is bs

Why paleo is utter garbage
http://www.nsca.com/uploadedfiles/nsca/inactive_content/program_books/ptc_2013_program_book/aragon.pdf

Why if you're growing you're not going to stop because you pick things up and put things down
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3445252/

Possible positive effects of IF
http://jap.physiology.org/content/99/6/2128

Why insulin is not the enemy
http://weightology.net/weightologyweekly/?page_id=319

Why it's not testosterone that's the problem

Why high glycaemic foods aren't the enemy

Why low carb diets don't mean nothing

Will add to this over time
That's my bedtime reading sorted cheers!
Original post by ljoshl91
That's my bedtime reading sorted cheers!

Have fun :biggrin:

If anybody has anything to be included in my soon to be bible of lifting feel free to post it or message me and I'll add it
Have fun :biggrin:

If anybody has anything to be included in my soon to be bible of lifting feel free to post it or message me and I'll add it

If you want you can ask me questions and i'll give overly agressive single sentence answers.

newb:"Why can't i get big?? i eat like sooooo much food and yet i'm still 55kg"

Me : "EAT MORE, you're 55kg, you clearly don't eat lots ffs, stfu and gtfo"

(Probably edit out the "stfu and gtfo" though, lol, bit too agressive...
If you want you can ask me questions and i'll give overly agressive single sentence answers.

newb:"Why can't i get big?? i eat like sooooo much food and yet i'm still 55kg"

Me : "EAT MORE, you're 55kg, you clearly don't eat lots ffs, stfu and gtfo"

(Probably edit out the "stfu and gtfo" though, lol, bit too agressive...

stfu and gtfo would be my go to words on the fitness forum if it weren't against site rules lol. :tongue:

Not srs

Ok 50/50 srs
stfu and gtfo would be my go to words on the fitness forum if it weren't against site rules lol. :tongue:

Not srs

Ok 50/50 srs

If its 50/50 what one of the two would you keep.

I like stfu

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nvmthename
If its 50/50 what one of the two would you keep.

I like stfu

Posted from TSR Mobile

stfu is ideal for the overwhelming majority of purposes I think where twaddle is written. Brb juice plus o'clock
A response needs to contain "do you even [something]." It's the only way to appear super cba clever in front of the regulars whilst appearing to help. Innit

Not srs

Ok 50/50 srs

ok, gtfo is way too far.( i was v tired and grumpy last night it seems, lol)

the problem is 90% of teh qeustions could be answered by looking at the damn stickies but if 90% of the questions disappeared ths fitness forum main section would becaome very empty.

A response needs to contain "do you even [something]." It's the only way to appear super cba clever in front of the regulars whilst appearing to help. Innit

True, you want to help newbs whilst also looking cool. It's a subtle balance.
ok, gtfo is way too far.( i was v tired and grumpy last night it seems, lol)

the problem is 90% of teh qeustions could be answered by looking at the damn stickies but if 90% of the questions disappeared ths fitness forum main section would becaome very empty.

Nah man, gtfo is saved for fibre pills, juice plus and other fads.

Agreed

Do you even science

Science not even once

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest