The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Hellooo!! Okies well.. I'm posting this from my room at Clarence!!

Firstly, the downside - it IS a 30 min walk from uni which is quite far but the bus goes from right outside :smile:

And now all the positives!!

VERY sociable, has a proper plush bar with plasma TV's pool tables etc and they organize lots of events (such as the BBQ next weekend wooo!!! film nights, quiz nights, pool tornaments etc) You're in a flat with 5 other people and the blocks tend to meet and greet each other really quickly everyone I know here has made loads of friends!

My bf is at Oxley and I spend a lot of time there because his flatmates have become our best friends (we living with them next year) but still when I come back to Clarence I feel totally welcome :smile:

There's a shop and laundrette on site too, I've had no probs with either :smile:

Ample parking if you have a car (not sure how much the permit is £90 or so for the year I think)

VERY secure, all swipe card gates and things

Anyways enough rambling I'm sure more people will tell you about clarence!!

I have some pics of my room but they big ish ones, PM me if you want them and I'll email them :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Ooo, am so glad i found this, av'e just applied to clarence, then looked at the pics and though oh dear ... bt guess i mae the right decision after all :biggrin:
:smile: Yey, I applied to Clarence Dock too! Only thing to worry about now is getting the grades....!
Reply 4
What are the meals like at Clarence? From the look of the accommodation form the rooms dont look very good at all? Is that the case or are only a few small? Could you post those pictures or email them to me? Do you stay for the full 39 week contract and is the price worth the accommodation.
Reply 5
Whats the policy of having partners stay over, especially during the holidays.
Reply 6
newmdb
What are the meals like at Clarence? From the look of the accommodation form the rooms dont look very good at all? Is that the case or are only a few small? Could you post those pictures or email them to me? Do you stay for the full 39 week contract and is the price worth the accommodation.

It's SELF CATERED!!!!!!!!!!!!! the kitchens are shared between 5 or 6 people! the bar does cheap food as well!!
Reply 7
Anybody got any pics of the rooms in Clarence? be very much appreciated!
Reply 8
I've applied for Clarence Dock aswell, and was really scared that no one seemed to apply there, so I thought I'd end up all alone in a building that can take on a few hundred? :biggrin:
well anyways, I'm happy that there are some people applied for C.D. aswell ~
hello, just found out ive got clarence in block a, could anybody be kind enought to email be some piccys...
cant wait to move in quite scared aswell but i spose everyone will feel that way, glad its ensuite. can anybody tell me what the bathrooms are like... im glad ive found this forum :smile:
much love charlotte xxx
Reply 10
You might be interested in this thread from last year: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=869321

Latest