The Student Room Group

MPhil Economics Oxbridge 2013

Early applicants have probably submitted their stuff.

What's your profile?

I graduated from a top 10 economics undergrad school in the UK in 2011 with a 2:1, and have been working with the World Bank since. I'm currently doing research with a Senior Economist of the poverty reduction team at the Bank but don't know if such work experience adds much to my application.

Got recommendations from my International Trade, International Finance, and Econometrics professors. (I topped final year international trade).

Aside from this, I have some pretty decent ec in the university Economics Society and debating. Also, did my third year abroad at the University of Virginia.

Don't have a First, which makes me doubtful of my chances. Have a preference for Oxford's MPhil

What about you guys?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
No applicants? :confused:
Reply 2
Hi! Gald to hear someone in the same situation. I applied for oxbridge as well. I was waitlisted way back in Dec. And will probably find out the final result in April. Oxford only started reviewing applications on Jan 18th, so i will take a while. I am third year econ student at durham. I scraped a low first last year. Good luck
Reply 3
Cool. I think we should get our Oxford results by mid March by latest but with a possibility of it coming a bit earlier as well.

You say you were waitlisted in December. How does that work if they began checking applications in January?
Reply 4
Basically, they will assess all the other applications before making a final decision about mine as i submitted really early! And it will be a final decision come april!
Reply 5
has anybody heard anything definitive back from cambridge yet, or are we all on the waiting list?
Reply 6
I got an offer from Cambridge for the MPhil Economics today.
Reply 7
Original post by turdus
I got an offer from Cambridge for the MPhil Economics today.

Congrats! Can I ask what your undergrad profile was like? Graduate with a First?
Reply 8
Original post by salvor.hardin
Congrats! Can I ask what your undergrad profile was like? Graduate with a First?

Thanks. Yeah, I got a lowish first from a top 5 UK uni and then did a masters in the US at a top 20 school (both quantitative but neither of them in economics, although I have had a number of economics classes).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending