MPhil in Economics at Oxford 2022

Anyone else who applied? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I did but for mphil+dphil in eco.
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Hello! I just submitted my application. Best of luck to everyone.
Hi, someone's status on Gradcafe changed from MPhil+DPhil to MPhil on their Self Service Portal. Please keep checking the 'Application Details' section for a new application changes field and the 'Supporting Documents' section if you still have the upload button.

Do keep us updated, all the best!
Reply 4
Did anyone call them today to confirm well here back by EOD?
Original post by asdkjl213
Did anyone call them today to confirm well here back by EOD?

Tried calling them. No-one is picking up.
Reply 6
Original post by techtonic
Tried calling them. No-one is picking up.

Seems unlikely we’ll hear back today then. Just heard that they had told people we would.
It seems some people received informal acceptances for both MPhil+DPhil and MPhil, saying they'd send out formal offers next week.

Any updates here?
Reply 8
It seems some people received informal acceptances for both MPhil+DPhil and MPhil, saying they'd send out formal offers next week.

Any updates here?

Is it the same for the people who applied for the March deadline
Original post by nitesh10
Is it the same for the people who applied for the March deadline

Based on previous years, I suppose they'll send all Jan deadline offers first

Any updates here?

What do you mean by informal offers? And let’s say if someone from MPhil-DPhil actually got into MPhil-DPhil itself, how would they know through this informal offer that they got in ? Anyone?
Based on previous years, I suppose they'll send all Jan deadline offers first

Thank you very much! cheers!
Original post by dks_1995
What do you mean by informal offers? And let’s say if someone from MPhil-DPhil actually got into MPhil-DPhil itself, how would they know through this informal offer that they got in ? Anyone?

I'm not sure. Saw 3-4 informal acceptances on GradCafe.
Original post by dks_1995

my friend got one for just the MPhil. apparently, they got an email saying they got accepted with a formal offer coming next week and were invited to an offer holders day next week. I was kind of gutted, cause I think this means people who haven't gotten one, me included, got rejected, but im holding out hoping that this is for exceptional applicants or something
edit: apparently no updates on the student system, just the email

edit 2: some people are now suggesting its a phishing mail, what do you guys think? some ppl are saying the email addresses it was sent from seem kind of fishy, but this would seem too elaborate tbh
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by luckyandtommy
my friend got one for just the MPhil. apparently, they got an email saying they got accepted with a formal offer coming next week and were invited to an offer holders day next week. I was kind of gutted, cause I think this means people who haven't gotten one, me included, got rejected, but im holding out hoping that this is for exceptional applicants or something
edit: apparently no updates on the student system, just the email

edit 2: some people are now suggesting its a phishing mail, what do you guys think? some ppl are saying the email addresses it was sent from seem kind of fishy, but this would seem too elaborate tbh

Don’t think it’s phishing. Congrats to them. Let’s all wait and see.
I got the informal offer a few days ago - it's not phising. Links to official oxford pages and graduate open day invite. I applied in the Jan-deadline.
Hope to see you there if I end up going! Good luck to all!
Original post by LetThereBeQE
I got the informal offer a few days ago - it's not phising. Links to official oxford pages and graduate open day invite. I applied in the Jan-deadline.

When is the graduate open day?

I don't know if they have already sent out all the offers informally and the rejections will be sent later
Does anyone have the email address for Mr Jonathan James (other than the one published on the course page)?
Original post by LetThereBeQE

Did you apply for just MPhil or MPhil+DPhil?
I contacted the department and they said that it may be possible that they sent out the invitations for graduate events only to MPhil applicants and not to MPhil-DPhil applicants. Could anyone verify this ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending