The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

MPhil/DPhil Law and Socio Legal Research- 2024

I suppose it's as the title suggests! Anyone out there applied to any of these courses, specifically MPhil in Socio-Legal Research? Deadlines are coming on the 19th Jan for the MPhil unsure of the other ones but thought a page may be welcome for everyone to discuss and connect?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
I suppose it's as the title suggests! Anyone out there applied to any of these courses, specifically MPhil in Socio-Legal Research? Deadlines are coming on the 19th Jan for the MPhil unsure of the other ones but thought a page may be welcome for everyone to discuss and connect?

I have applied to both Mphil and Dphil in Law. Thanks for starting it.
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
An applicant here as well! I saw in last year's thread that someone had an interview on February 14, so I assume there might be some news regarding interviews soon?
Has anyone heard anything? or noticed any portal changes?
Reply 4
Original post by Nervienellie
Has anyone heard anything? or noticed any portal changes?

No portal change just 'ready for assessment' with option to upload. No email update either...
Claiming an interview invite! Email from CSLS 22nd!
Reply 6
Claiming an interview invite! Email from CSLS 22nd!

Congrats, I just replied on the other thread! Did it come through this evening?
Yes! 30 minutes ago!
Reply 8
Yes! 30 minutes ago!

Good luck, I mean getting an interview is a huge achievement regardless of the outcome but I hope it works out and keep us updated! Wonder if they're giving them out in batches.
Ive only had rejections so far and I was about to throw in the towel on academia- so dont give up. Even if I dont get in- i know it was at least bare minimum competitive so I can try again and again until it hits. FWIW-its individualised emails so they might trickle in.
Reply 10
Ive only had rejections so far and I was about to throw in the towel on academia- so dont give up. Even if I dont get in- i know it was at least bare minimum competitive so I can try again and again until it hits. FWIW-its individualised emails so they might trickle in.

Sorry to hear about the rejections, must be doing something right to be offered an interview from Ox haha. Can I ask if which course the interview is for? Does concern me that with last year it seems most people had their interviews by now...
D.Phil in socio legal studies. You only need one acceptance. Id wait a couple of more days and then start thinking about other applications.
Reply 12
D.Phil in socio legal studies. You only need one acceptance. Id wait a couple of more days and then start thinking about other applications.

You read my mind! That's the point I'm at with thinking maybe I need to focus on other priorities etc. I've already got applications in for about 3 other courses so. Either way nothing we can do but wait it out. Well done once again and let us know how it goes on 22nd.
DPhil Socio-Legal Studies. Got an interview invitation earlier today. Good luck everyone!
Original post by Anonymous #3
DPhil Socio-Legal Studies. Got an interview invitation earlier today. Good luck everyone!

Congrats! Good luck to you!
Congrats! Good luck to you!

Thanks, you too! You're an MPhil applicant, right?
Thanks, you too! You're an MPhil applicant, right?

D Phil!
Applied as well, but did not get an invite yesterday, I guess it is over then?
Reply 18
Original post by Anonymous #2
Applied as well, but did not get an invite yesterday, I guess it is over then?

I don't think it's necessarily over, there is always this evening and tomorrow. My upload button is still there and status is still ready for assessment. Website for both MPhil/DPhil Socio-Legal says late Feb/early March so still time I think.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 19

Congrats and good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending