The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Sociology Beliefs in society 5 June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Secretnerd123
well ive done my notes and need to read over them. ive done essays for the theory and methods which ill learn just incase they come up. have u done your notes? dw youll get it if you put the work in :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing notes atm. I'll finish soon though. I can't find any model answers! I really need some for Unit 1,3,4!
Reply 41
hey all! thanks so much to whoever made this thread! does anyone know how many sociologists i should ise for the 33 markers for this amd unit 4 (im doing crime and dev) . also i really need help with the 9 markers. i know how to structure it but the questions seem so hard! if anyone can help me id be happy!

Posted from TSR Mobile[/

Thanks, I'm glad you find this thread particularly useful :smile:

For the c+d unit (33 marker) and for this unit generally make sure you:

* include as much sociologist as possible which is relevant to the question. I can't really give a definite number of sociologist because for one topic Ie sociology as a science, you may know a lot of sociologist name/key points whereas another you may less/more.
* get key relevant sociologist by looking at the mark scheme. That doesn't mean you need to memorise the ms.
* make sure you mention case studies ,contemporary examples for every point your making to strengthen your argument and make sure you relate it to your item/source and question.
*APPLY your knowledge, don't bother learning your sociology book by heart hoping to get an A when you don't fully understand what your learning. You can't regurgitated your sociology book in the exam, that's impossible in the time given. you need to understand what your learning in order to apply it to the question
* Don't be put off by questions which are worded differently. Unpick the question. Every question has a focus, you need to figure out.
*look at the command words to figure out whether its an AO1/AO2 question.
*make sure you complete all of the questions because if your gonna miss a question out, your loosing marks. Every mark makes a difference to a grade.
*time yourself. If you have not finished off an essay question move on and do the next question.
*ALWAYS link back to the source given. No point writing an essay when your answer does not relate to the source let alone answering the question.

Hope that helps :smile:
wow ive just read through the thread and it has so much detail and seems really I'elpful.
I did this exam in January and I'm resiting it in June as I need to push my grade up abit. I prefer crime and deviance to religion as I didn't feel like I could organise anything in religion whereas I feel like I can in crime and deviance.

Any useful revision tips would be much appreciated as at the moment I'm just doing notes and mindmaps and nothing seems to be going in properly :/
Original post by lauren_denman
wow ive just read through the thread and it has so much detail and seems really I'elpful.
I did this exam in January and I'm resiting it in June as I need to push my grade up abit. I prefer crime and deviance to religion as I didn't feel like I could organise anything in religion whereas I feel like I can in crime and deviance.

Any useful revision tips would be much appreciated as at the moment I'm just doing notes and mindmaps and nothing seems to be going in properly :/

I second on this! Any tips people!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know what came up for unit 3 in January 2013?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by sheldorofazaroth
Does anyone know what came up for unit 3 in January 2013?

I have the paper somewhere, I'll post it later

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by matthewhernon
I have the paper somewhere, I'll post it later

Posted from TSR Mobile

How's everyones revision going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How's everyones revision going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

not too bad, need to read over my notes alot of times so they get stuck in there. i hate the sects/cults aspect of beliefs. you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
not too bad, need to read over my notes alot of times so they get stuck in there. i hate the sects/cults aspect of beliefs. you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah same, I haven't made notes on the last topic though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know what the 18 mark question was in January?
Original post by feathergirl
Does anyone know what the 18 mark question was in January?

Do you have the other questions from Jan?
Reply 52
Original post by SeanToBeWild

Do you mean the 9, 18 + 33 markers? (Jan 2013)?

I think one of the 33marks ones was about religion and social change. I just really need to practice structuring 18 mark ones
Original post by rubena123
Do you mean the 9, 18 + 33 markers? (Jan 2013)?

Yeah! Do you have the unit two and unit four papers too? :smile:
Original post by feathergirl
I think one of the 33marks ones was about religion and social change. I just really need to practice structuring 18 mark ones

Thank you for that! & I need to practice them all!
Reply 56
Yeah! Do you have the unit two and unit four papers too? :smile:

Yep, got unit 3 + 4 papers (beliefs + crime and deviance jan 2013) those who need them just pm me your email address.

Can't upload it on this thread else the whole thread would crash down.
Reply 57
Thank you for that! & I need to practice them all!

How's revision going along? Are you retaking beliefs?
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1366829347.251224.jpg

Here's the paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1366829347.251224.jpg

Here's the paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending