Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Adult nursing interviews?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by sabs786
I had the interview. It went ok just waiting for the outcome.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good Luck :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
anyone still waiting to hear from them? I want to start choosing my firm and insurance but want to wait to hear back from all my choices and still not heard anything :/ I emailed them but still no reply.
Original post by njhutchinson1993
anyone still waiting to hear from them? I want to start choosing my firm and insurance but want to wait to hear back from all my choices and still not heard anything :/ I emailed them but still no reply.

Just got rejected. Gutted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
I think it is a complete joke! I got into Nottingham last year for the child nursing course but due to personal reasons I had to pull out. I got a job this year as a home care assistant and decided I wanted to do adult nursing. I got interviews at 4 of my choices but Nottingham rejected me without an interview, no logic whatsoever. i personally feel that all uni's have had way too many applicants this year and am only looking at academic achievements, unfortunately this sometimes does not make a good nurse. Rant over :0
Reply 84
Oh and i know Keele are offering places this year for start date September 2014! how unfair is that???
Reply 85
I just got a rejection from Nottingham too. I was meant to have my interview at Hull today but my grandad died suddenly yesterday morning and I was unable to attend. I've asked to reschedule but I think it's too late in the cycle now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vanessa1
Hey! I have an interview at bucks new for adult nursing soon! Been waiting for this interview for quiet some time as I really liked the university... Any tips of what I should research on? Thanks (:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello! :smile:

I am there also on the 18/04/12 for a interview for adult nursing! I'm pretty scared as i'm unsure on what to expect, like if it is a group interview, does it require writing any essays, tests, questions they ask and also what the situation for accommodation is in Uxbridge. It is so far away from home for me like 5 hours drive if not more.

This is a really important interview as I have applied through UCAS Extra and can only apply for a uni one at at time.

So scared :frown: please let me know how you get on :smile: Thank you

Jessica.
Reply 87
Original post by jessica.thurlow
Hello! :smile:

I am there also on the 18/04/12 for a interview for adult nursing! I'm pretty scared as i'm unsure on what to expect, like if it is a group interview, does it require writing any essays, tests, questions they ask and also what the situation for accommodation is in Uxbridge. It is so far away from home for me like 5 hours drive if not more.

This is a really important interview as I have applied through UCAS Extra and can only apply for a uni one at at time.

So scared :frown: please let me know how you get on :smile: Thank you

Jessica.

Hey Jessica!

I applied through extra and is my only and first interview I've literally just left an open evening and was told the interview consists of and English and maths test and a group interview questions like why did you choose nursing etc.... Accommodation wise uxbridge have private rentals if that makes sense and high Wycombe campus have accommodation halls which is 20mibutes or so from the uxbridge campus!

Good luck!

Viviana

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey Jessica!

I applied through extra and is my only and first interview I've literally just left an open evening and was told the interview consists of and English and maths test and a group interview questions like why did you choose nursing etc.... Accommodation wise uxbridge have private rentals if that makes sense and high Wycombe campus have accommodation halls which is 20mibutes or so from the uxbridge campus!

Good luck!

Viviana

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes me too! It is my first interview and i've just found this all out also, so Good luck and please let me know how you get on! When is your interview? and When would you start september? I've researched into the accommodation a fair bit because it is so far away from home for me so makes me quite nervous. Will you be going to the meet and greet day?

Jessica :smile:
Reply 89
Yes me too! It is my first interview and i've just found this all out also, so Good luck and please let me know how you get on! When is your interview? and When would you start september? I've researched into the accommodation a fair bit because it is so far away from home for me so makes me quite nervous. Will you be going to the meet and greet day?

Jessica :smile:

My interview is on the 17th so a day before yours! Hopefully if I get a place ill be definitely going to a meet and greet I applied for September so hopefully ill be starting then especially as I heard yesterday they said they have many places for September :/ yourself? I live roughly 1hour away I'm still deciding whether to move out or not for the first year!! Good luck on your interview

Viviana (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My interview is on the 17th so a day before yours! Hopefully if I get a place ill be definitely going to a meet and greet I applied for September so hopefully ill be starting then especially as I heard yesterday they said they have many places for September :/ yourself? I live roughly 1hour away I'm still deciding whether to move out or not for the first year!! Good luck on your interview

Viviana (:

Posted from TSR Mobile

They don't have many places? :s-smilie: September for me too! and I will also be going to the meet and greet day if they offer me a place! I really hope they do. What time is your interview? Good luck i'm sure you'll do great! :smile: Do you have Facebook or anything like that? at least if we both get a place we will kinda know someone there! :smile: Good luck
Reply 91
They don't have many places? :s-smilie: September for me too! and I will also be going to the meet and greet day if they offer me a place! I really hope they do. What time is your interview? Good luck i'm sure you'll do great! :smile: Do you have Facebook or anything like that? at least if we both get a place we will kinda know someone there! :smile: Good luck

My interviews at 8.45! Thanks I really want to go there! You'll do great too! I mean a girl asked how many places they had it was something like 120 :0 yeah it's viviana vanessa fernandes (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wait is your interview on wednesday?? :smile:
Reply 93
Wait is your interview on wednesday?? :smile:

Yeah it is (:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have added you on Facebook I think. Talk to you more on there if you like. :smile:
Reply 95
I have added you on Facebook I think. Talk to you more on there if you like. :smile:

Yeah that'll be better ill inbox you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi

I have an interview for the GEN @ Nottingham on 19th April. I'm really wishing I had applied for the BSc though as I think this would suit me better. Does anyone know if I get an offer if I could change to the BSc or am I stuck with the GEN? :s-smilie:
Original post by WeirdLittleO
Hi

I have an interview for the GEN @ Nottingham on 19th April. I'm really wishing I had applied for the BSc though as I think this would suit me better. Does anyone know if I get an offer if I could change to the BSc or am I stuck with the GEN? :s-smilie:

hmm, Best thing to do is ask about it when you're there I think or ring up. I know if you wanted to change the course you can apply to universities through ucas extra. Only problem with this is that you have to decline all offers and then if you have already used all 5 options and applied to 5 different universities then you can only apply to one university at a time. But I know in some cases, if you have an offer at a university and they don't mind if you want to swap course as long as the courses are related. All depends on the university I think, so I would rather talk to someone at college about it if you're at college or ring the university. Try not to leave it too long though.

I hope this helped :smile: Feel free to message me if you have any other questions, I will try help.
hmm, Best thing to do is ask about it when you're there I think or ring up. I know if you wanted to change the course you can apply to universities through ucas extra. Only problem with this is that you have to decline all offers and then if you have already used all 5 options and applied to 5 different universities then you can only apply to one university at a time. But I know in some cases, if you have an offer at a university and they don't mind if you want to swap course as long as the courses are related. All depends on the university I think, so I would rather talk to someone at college about it if you're at college or ring the university. Try not to leave it too long though.

I hope this helped :smile: Feel free to message me if you have any other questions, I will try help.

Hey :smile: thank you for your reply.
I did think about asking at the interview but I didn't want to jeoperdise my chances of a place by looking like I'm being fussy haha. I haven't had any offers yet so I'm really desperate to be offered a place somewhere as well. On top of all this I'm in my third year of my psychology degree getting everything done. Ughh. But the reason I'm deciding against the GEN, although it's a higher qualification and shorter course, they have placed it in Derby which is really awkward for me whereas the BSc is in Nottingham which would be tonnes better. I did ring BSc admissions assuming that it would be a different department but I got through to the voicemail of who offered me the interview so I panicked and hung up haha.

I don't like the idea of going through Extra unless I get 5 rejections. The thought of gambling my place is just horrible haha.

After the interview when they ask if I have any questions, do you think it would look bad if I asked about the possibility of switching to BSc?

What to dooo!
Reply 99
Original post by WeirdLittleO
Hey :smile: thank you for your reply.
I did think about asking at the interview but I didn't want to jeoperdise my chances of a place by looking like I'm being fussy haha. I haven't had any offers yet so I'm really desperate to be offered a place somewhere as well. On top of all this I'm in my third year of my psychology degree getting everything done. Ughh. But the reason I'm deciding against the GEN, although it's a higher qualification and shorter course, they have placed it in Derby which is really awkward for me whereas the BSc is in Nottingham which would be tonnes better. I did ring BSc admissions assuming that it would be a different department but I got through to the voicemail of who offered me the interview so I panicked and hung up haha.

I don't like the idea of going through Extra unless I get 5 rejections. The thought of gambling my place is just horrible haha.

After the interview when they ask if I have any questions, do you think it would look bad if I asked about the possibility of switching to BSc?

What to dooo!

Your best of going to the interview and see what happens if you get a place then give them a call and see if they let you change it (:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending