The Student Room Group

My finance has changed for 13/14 - help

Right, so last academic year, I was offered a full amount of £2,800 maintenance loan, full tuition fees for my course and no grant.

I've just re-applied for 13/14 year and clicked the button that everything in my previous application is the same. For the next year I've been offered: £2,300 maintenance loan, full tuition fees and £3,300 HE grant?

My household income is £60,000+, so is this an error or have the rules changed? It wouldn't allow me to apply for the same amount I previously received.

Shall I wait until they either accept or reject my application, or phone up and ask about it? £2,800 ML just about covered my books, petrol etc for University this year, if they reject the grant and offer me £2,300 maintenance loan - I'm stuffed.

But then, of course I don't want to ruin my chances of that grant!
#firstworldproblems

Reply 1
Hello ow3n,

Without being able to see your application, I would strongly recommend contacting on of their advisers so this can be checked over for you.
I think since you've only just sent the application the figures you get are just estimates, the actual amounts are yet to be confirmed. Give them a call if you're still unsure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending