The Student Room Group

How to get into a 15 movie being 14

I know there was a question abt this 2 years ago but I don't know if the policy has changed I wanted to go with my mum to see the fnaf movie but it says I will need I'd if they suspect I'm below 15 apparently I'm tall enough to pass but idk could I get so e help?
Reply 1
There is nothing you can do.

If they suspect you to be underage, then they will ask for ID - mum with you or not. If you can't produce it, then you can't go in. If someone else purchases your ticket, you may still be asked for ID at the gate when they check your ticket. When I used to work at the cinema, many, many years ago, if you were caught at the gate with a ticket and no ID, then you were turned away without a refund.

My son is also 14 and is over 6ft tall, but I know he will get asked for ID because I know I would have asked him for it back in the day. I'm almost 40 and get asked for ID to buy alcohol so :dontknow:

At the end of the day, the cinema has a duty to abide by the laws, just like places that sell cigarettes and alcohol. They can lose their license if they're not doing their job properly.
Reply 2
Original post by spacedino95
I know there was a question abt this 2 years ago but I don't know if the policy has changed I wanted to go with my mum to see the fnaf movie but it says I will need I'd if they suspect I'm below 15 apparently I'm tall enough to pass but idk could I get so e help?

I went last week to see fnaf with my sister who is 13 and she got in with no problems (this was at Odeon) . If you book online, you will only have to get your ticket scanned before entering the film so the workers will only see you for a few seconds. You're only a year younger than the age restriction so I highly doubt they will notice as many people might look young for their age. Just act confident and enjoy the film!
Reply 3
Original post by ChammyFTT
There is nothing you can do.

If they suspect you to be underage, then they will ask for ID - mum with you or not. If you can't produce it, then you can't go in. If someone else purchases your ticket, you may still be asked for ID at the gate when they check your ticket. When I used to work at the cinema, many, many years ago, if you were caught at the gate with a ticket and no ID, then you were turned away without a refund.

My son is also 14 and is over 6ft tall, but I know he will get asked for ID because I know I would have asked him for it back in the day. I'm almost 40 and get asked for ID to buy alcohol so :dontknow:

At the end of the day, the cinema has a duty to abide by the laws, just like places that sell cigarettes and alcohol. They can lose their license if they're not doing their job properly.

Ok thx

Quick Reply

Latest