The Student Room Group

How do I talk to women.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by py0alb
Women will be attracted to you if you're attractive, not because you speak to them in some mysterious new way. There is no "right language", its not a trick.

Just talk to them like you talk to anyone else: show interest in what they say, relate interesting and relevant stories of your own, find common interests, make self deprecating jokes and tease them as well. This is EXACTLY how you talk to your mates.

But talking to them like you would your guy mates gets you friend zoned

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by jblackmoustache
But talking to them like you would your guy mates gets you friend zoned

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unattractive guys do not get friend-zoned because of how they talk to girls. They get friendzoned because they're unattractive.

Attractive guys do not get friend-zoned full stop.
Original post by py0alb
Unattractive guys do not get friend-zoned because of how they talk to girls. They get friendzoned because they're unattractive.

Attractive guys do not get friend-zoned full stop.

so in theory it's all about looks? women are just as, even more shallow than men?

Some people do have a gift of the gab though. They know what to say and how to manipulate people.

Lets aim this at average looking men. We cant rely on looks. We need to rely on talk and humour and body language.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by jblackmoustache
so in theory it's all about looks?

Some people do have a gift of the gab though. They know what to say and how to manipulate people.

Lets aim this at average looking men. We cant rely on looks. We need to rely on talk and humour and body language.

Not just looks, when I talk about being attractive I'm talking about all facets:

How you look, how you dress, how you carry yourself, how you act around your friends, and how they act around you, what you have to say about yourself, how smart you seem, how confident, relaxed and self-assured you seem, how funny you are.

Imagine a girl chatting to a guy who is good looking, reasonably well built, appropriately dressed, seems confident and relaxed, jokes with his friends, his friends joke back and seem to look up to him or at least like him, then when he chats to her he's friendly, interesting, extremely funny, comes across as smart and motivated, and is able to find a few things in common with her that they can discuss.

She's gonna be attracted to him, right?

We can't control all those things, but you can control most of them.
Reply 24
Original post by py0alb
For OP, that would be a huge step in the right direction would it not? The guy doesn't even know how to speak to women full stop, I think getting friendzoned is the least of his worries at this point.

Once you are socially competent enough to make female friends, then you can move on to making girlfriends. Don't try and run before you can walk.

Fair point, I hadn't thought of that.
Reply 25
I'm not good at Maths, will that affect my reputation around women?
In regards to the OP's question, I would just try to start a normal conversation like the weather and general chit chat - Just like how you would talk to a friend. I wouldn't try to put too much hope on the situation because that would create unnecessary pressures and might make you nervous. After all, you'll only be compatible with very few people and rejection is a fact of life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending