The Student Room Group

Graphic Design @ AUB or LCC?

Hey,

I'm in a pickle, I am not entirely sure whether to firm Graphic and Media Design at London College of Communication or Graphic Design at Arts University Bournemouth. In my own mind AUB seems like the better option and the city is awesome. I've heard that UAL has lost it's grip and pretty much just lives off its good reputation. I'd like to hear some opinions? Thanks a lot. :smile:
Reply 1
Any opinions? :frown:
Reply 2
Have you been to their open days? I think its best to join some tour around the school to see which environment suits you more.

I am looking at LCC too but I'm pretty concerned about the area the school is situated.. :frown: But I loved the library there.. so many books!

I guess it depends what you want to do? Because I read that LCC is more towards typography stuff. I am not sure about Bournemouth because I have never been there before, but heard good things about it.

Hope it helps. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by elhki
Have you been to their open days? I think its best to join some tour around the school to see which environment suits you more.

I am looking at LCC too but I'm pretty concerned about the area the school is situated.. :frown: But I loved the library there.. so many books!

I guess it depends what you want to do? Because I read that LCC is more towards typography stuff. I am not sure about Bournemouth because I have never been there before, but heard good things about it.

Hope it helps. :smile:

Haven't been to their open days, but I've done loads and loads of research. Yeah.. the area is not the most favourable :biggrin:. Unistats shows that AUB would be the better option, although LCC has the better working and internship possibilities as it's located in London.
i'm at UAL (camberwell, but i have friends at LCC and have been there a few times) and we definitely don't rely on our reputation, just putting that out there. in my opinion LCC is a very underrated college, it has a lot to offer - especially in terms of experience and employment, and the work i've seen there is amazing! i live in the area, and it's really not as bad as it may seem - you're able to have both a central location of study AND accommodation walking distance, which is extremely rare for london. though bournemouth is also supposed to be fantastic (though i don't know much about it), so at the end of the day it's best to pick wherever you have the best feelings for. good luck with your choice!
Reply 5
Original post by beccafairy
i'm at UAL (camberwell, but i have friends at LCC and have been there a few times) and we definitely don't rely on our reputation, just putting that out there. in my opinion LCC is a very underrated college, it has a lot to offer - especially in terms of experience and employment, and the work i've seen there is amazing! i live in the area, and it's really not as bad as it may seem - you're able to have both a central location of study AND accommodation walking distance, which is extremely rare for london. though bournemouth is also supposed to be fantastic (though i don't know much about it), so at the end of the day it's best to pick wherever you have the best feelings for. good luck with your choice!

I've just heard very mixed things about LCC. I know that it is a very good school with many talented students and lecturers, but I've just gotten the image that it's going downhill fast. I love London, which is the reason I applied to many universities located in London. But, I do still think that AUB would be the better option for me - I've heard nothing but good about it. Bournemouth is a pretty amazing place also.. with a freaking 8 kilometer long beach!

I hope you keep having a great time at Camberwell beccafairy! :biggrin:
Original post by Valdo
I've just heard very mixed things about LCC. I know that it is a very good school with many talented students and lecturers, but I've just gotten the image that it's going downhill fast. I love London, which is the reason I applied to many universities located in London. But, I do still think that AUB would be the better option for me - I've heard nothing but good about it. Bournemouth is a pretty amazing place also.. with a freaking 8 kilometer long beach!

I hope you keep having a great time at Camberwell beccafairy! :biggrin:

sounds like you're set on bournemouth then! i hope you have the time of your life there and all :wink: thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest