The Student Room Group

HNC/D or sandwich course?

I can't seem to decide which I should do: Computing HNC/D or go straight into a Computing four year sandwich course.

Thing is I want to see if I can study at HE level also knowing I would get a certificate at the end of my first year and then go into the second/third year at uni of a four year sandwich course do they allow this? Rather than applying for the top up?
Reply 1
Original post by Sweetpanda
I can't seem to decide which I should do: Computing HNC/D or go straight into a Computing four year sandwich course.

Thing is I want to see if I can study at HE level also knowing I would get a certificate at the end of my first year and then go into the second/third year at uni of a four year sandwich course do they allow this? Rather than applying for the top up?

One of the big things for me when I was applying for unis was the courses which offered a year in the industry. I don't know much about HNC/D if I'm honest so can only say from a uni prospective (1st year CS student).
Reply 2
if you complete the first year of a sandwich course - or any degree - you will be eligible for a Certificate of Higher Education. So really, that's not a relevant reason for doing a HNC.

Sent from my GT-S5363
Reply 3
Really??? Have been asking around about this and no one seemed to know. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending