The Student Room Group

does anyone else on here have 9 or more exams this summer?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Tbx
"wrote learning"

I think you mean rote learning. (Sorry -I feel sure I ought to use some cheery emoticon to make this sound less picky, but I am just too old for them; my children would ostracise me.)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by Data
I think you mean rote learning. (Sorry -I feel sure I ought to use some cheery emoticon to make this sound less picky, but I am just old for them; my children would ostracise me.)

Thanks, I think I need to work on my spelling and grammer :P.
Original post by Tbx
About 4 weeks before the easter holidays.Got bbbc at AS.Got AAB at A2.It really depends on how you work best. A lot of my friends preferred " wrote rote learning" I think where they just kept writing it out. I preferred to read through things repeatedly until it was drilling in. What subjects are you taking? :smile:

Edit: Spelling

Maths, Further Maths, Eco :smile:
Reply 43
If i retake M1 ill have, M1 and M2 on the same day lol i dont think i can handle that long just doing mechanics straight
Original post by theseeker
When did you start revising and what grades did you get? :smile:

So do notes now then before easter condense them then go over and papers in easter?

Honestly depends on what you think will work best for you - but yes, I will write up notes for all my subjects in the weeks prior to the easter holidays, and then I will subseuqently do past papers. However I think it may be better for you to develop your own revision style, as It should be easier for you to remain comitted to it.
Original post by Secretnerd123
i have 9 and its ridiculously overwhelming. and have 2 on the same day at the same time so i have to do one straight after the other :|

Posted from TSR Mobile

1 exam...

gotta love being a fresher :smile:

Though at AS I had 11, and also had 3 exams in one day at AS... 2 back to back and then like an hour break in between.
I had 13 last summer.

It's totally doable.

Get a good diet in from weeks before, get a good breakfast in, do not leave anything until last minute, be relaxed and ,most importantly, don't drink Red Bull.
Original post by TheUbermensche
I had 13 last summer.

It's totally doable.

Get a good diet in from weeks before, get a good breakfast in, do not leave anything until last minute, be relaxed and ,most importantly, don't drink Red Bull.

when did u start revision? and was that at A2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
when did u start revision? and was that at A2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, A2.

Full blown revision started 2 months before exams but wider reading/research started 6 months ahead.
Yep, A2.

Full blown revision started 2 months before exams but wider reading/research started 6 months ahead.

when u say full blown revision u mean past papers dont u

Posted from TSR Mobile
when u say full blown revision u mean past papers dont u

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep past papers, tackling the spec etc.
Yep past papers, tackling the spec etc.

want A2 to be over asap. eugh no motivation this halfterm, dont know what wrong with me :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
want A2 to be over asap. eugh no motivation this halfterm, dont know what wrong with me :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Try getting a natural interest in your subject.

I used to do that with extended reading/learning - I used to watch documentaries, read blogs on the given topic; it's a change from textbooks.
Try getting a natural interest in your subject.

I used to do that with extended reading/learning - I used to watch documentaries, read blogs on the given topic; it's a change from textbooks.

does it help?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
Original post by theseeker
Maths, Further Maths, Eco :smile:

I only took Maths, Chemistry and Biology at A level. For maths I just did questions from the book and saved past papers about 4 weeks before the exam, I imagine you can do the same for further maths.

Economics I think would just read and revise from books.

Yep.

Quick Reply

Latest