The Student Room Group

Sex life with my bf has gone stale, advice!

I’ve been with my bf just under a year, for the first 6 months we would have a lot of sex and it was always really enjoyable and I felt so connected to him afterwards. But in the last few months I’ve found that our sex feels quite mechanical and like there’s not much passion there, I get turned off by things he says during and don’t feel sensations as much. I tried to not have sex for a while in hopes it would maybe make the times we do it more special but it’s more like a physical act we just do because we’re in a relationship. I understand overtime u don’t have sex as much but I would’ve thought it would still feel equally as good as the beginning. What can I do to improve this? Is it a sign im with the wrong guy? Maybe I’m overthinking.
Original post by AdolpheAudusson
We tried different sorts of sex, she’s especially into being licked which I love to do, she said it made her feel more connected.

Lmfaoooo.
Communication is key in my experience. Speak to your partner about how you are feeling and work through it together. Trying new things may bring some spice back to the relationship. Also seeking out romance, in the sense of going out to dinner, going on dates etc may result in more of a desire to have sex, and therefore may make sex itself better.

I don't have too much experience myself, but I have been in a failed relationship. My partner didn't really listen to how I felt about this sort of thing, and it ended in me really losing interest in sex. She was quite selfish in this regard and ignored my feelings. I wish I tried to communicate more. That isn't what resulted in us breaking up, but it was a factor in the slow deterioration of our relationship.

So yeah, from my own experience, communication is the most important thing. If you are both on the same page and willing to work together, you will be able to accomplish anything you want.

I wish you all the best
Original post by Anonymous
Communication is key in my experience. Speak to your partner about how you are feeling and work through it together. Trying new things may bring some spice back to the relationship. Also seeking out romance, in the sense of going out to dinner, going on dates etc may result in more of a desire to have sex, and therefore may make sex itself better.

I don't have too much experience myself, but I have been in a failed relationship. My partner didn't really listen to how I felt about this sort of thing, and it ended in me really losing interest in sex. She was quite selfish in this regard and ignored my feelings. I wish I tried to communicate more. That isn't what resulted in us breaking up, but it was a factor in the slow deterioration of our relationship.

So yeah, from my own experience, communication is the most important thing. If you are both on the same page and willing to work together, you will be able to accomplish anything you want.

I wish you all the best

Did you try to tell her you felt about sex? Could she tell you were losing interest in it?
Original post by AdolpheAudusson
??

Oh come off it. The idea that you licking your gf makes her feel super connected is very funny. You’re also very obviously a troll.
(edited 8 months ago)
Did you try to tell her you felt about sex? Could she tell you were losing interest in it?

I did try yes. However it was something I struggle with. I find talking about stuff like this difficult. Social anxiety and being an introvert means that I have struggles with imposing boundaries. If I can do some thing for someone, even if I don't want to, I normally will.

I therefore tried to talk to her about sex generally, rather than saying "im unhappy", in the hopes that she would continue the conversation and ask me about what I wanted, or how I felt, but it ended up being very one sided. She may have mistaken my willingness to bring up the topic as me being interested.

On a few occasions I was not really feeling upto it (for a multitude of reasons), I communicated this, but she always went ahead without me, if that makes sense. That never felt nice. I guess in some ways we were incompatible in this sense. To her, sex was about feeling good. To me, sex was about feeling good, to an extent, but the emotional connection was much more important. So I don't really think she thought too much about me losing interest, and if she did, I don't really think she cared.
Reply 6
I’ve been with my bf just under a year, for the first 6 months we would have a lot of sex and it was always really enjoyable and I felt so connected to him afterwards. But in the last few months I’ve found that our sex feels quite mechanical and like there’s not much passion there, I get turned off by things he says during and don’t feel sensations as much. I tried to not have sex for a while in hopes it would maybe make the times we do it more special but it’s more like a physical act we just do because we’re in a relationship. I understand overtime u don’t have sex as much but I would’ve thought it would still feel equally as good as the beginning. What can I do to improve this? Is it a sign im with the wrong guy? Maybe I’m overthinking.

Dress up or bring some sex toys into it
Reply 7
6 months are a short time, it's refers for incompatibility.
Reply 8

Try giving him a rim job and ask him to do the same for you I bet you are going to be on top of the world

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending