The Student Room Group

I have a frenulum breve, will sex still be fairly pleasurable?

I am 19 and me and my girlfriend are going to have sex for the first time soon. We've been putting it off because I thought I had phimosis since I'm unable to retract my foreskin. When flaccid I can bring it back enough to show quite a lot of the glans but even then I can't retract it fully over the head. When erect I can only show a tiny bit of glans and pulling when erect is painful. I built up the courage to see a doctor about this and he said I have a frenulum breve and said the frenulum is unusually short. He wrote me a referral to a urologist but said the waiting list time is long so it could be months before I'm seen.

I understand that having sex with the glans covered by the foreskin reduces the pleasurable sensation of the glans rubbing against the vaginal wall. I also have read enough to know that many men with phimosis or frenulum breve can have sex just fine as long as they always use condoms and plenty of lubricant applied to the condom.

My main question here is will sex feel way less pleasurable with the glans covered by foreskin or is having sex still an amazing feeling even with the glans covered? I've read lots online that many men have amazing sex lives and some just live with phimosis their whole lives and it doesn't effect them so no problems staying hard during sex, no premature ejaculation etc. Obviously these men are missing out on the very best sensations during sex but have never known anything better.

Has anybody here with the same problem as me actually had sex using the proper precautions, condoms, lube etc and still found it pleasurable. The kissing, foreplay me and my girlfriend do is really fun and sexually exciting but when if I were to have sex with my condition now would it still feel good? I just want to have sex and enjoy it for the next few months before I see a urologist. He'll probably set up surgery for me which then means a few weeks until that appointment then another few weeks out of action until I recover, so it could really be 4-5 months before I actually have glans exposed sex.

What are your opinions? Should I just go for it with my girlfriend and make the most of what I can do now or wait months until I have the surgery?
Original post by Anonymous
I am 19 and me and my girlfriend are going to have sex for the first time soon. We've been putting it off because I thought I had phimosis since I'm unable to retract my foreskin. When flaccid I can bring it back enough to show quite a lot of the glans but even then I can't retract it fully over the head. When erect I can only show a tiny bit of glans and pulling when erect is painful. I built up the courage to see a doctor about this and he said I have a frenulum breve and said the frenulum is unusually short. He wrote me a referral to a urologist but said the waiting list time is long so it could be months before I'm seen.

I understand that having sex with the glans covered by the foreskin reduces the pleasurable sensation of the glans rubbing against the vaginal wall. I also have read enough to know that many men with phimosis or frenulum breve can have sex just fine as long as they always use condoms and plenty of lubricant applied to the condom.

My main question here is will sex feel way less pleasurable with the glans covered by foreskin or is having sex still an amazing feeling even with the glans covered? I've read lots online that many men have amazing sex lives and some just live with phimosis their whole lives and it doesn't effect them so no problems staying hard during sex, no premature ejaculation etc. Obviously these men are missing out on the very best sensations during sex but have never known anything better.

Has anybody here with the same problem as me actually had sex using the proper precautions, condoms, lube etc and still found it pleasurable. The kissing, foreplay me and my girlfriend do is really fun and sexually exciting but when if I were to have sex with my condition now would it still feel good? I just want to have sex and enjoy it for the next few months before I see a urologist. He'll probably set up surgery for me which then means a few weeks until that appointment then another few weeks out of action until I recover, so it could really be 4-5 months before I actually have glans exposed sex.

What are your opinions? Should I just go for it with my girlfriend and make the most of what I can do now or wait months until I have the surgery?

You won't know how it feels unless you try it.
Original post by anonymous
i am 19 and me and my girlfriend are going to have sex for the first time soon. We've been putting it off because i thought i had phimosis since i'm unable to retract my foreskin. When flaccid i can bring it back enough to show quite a lot of the glans but even then i can't retract it fully over the head. When erect i can only show a tiny bit of glans and pulling when erect is painful. I built up the courage to see a doctor about this and he said i have a frenulum breve and said the frenulum is unusually short. He wrote me a referral to a urologist but said the waiting list time is long so it could be months before i'm seen.

Has anybody here with the same problem as me actually had sex using the proper precautions, condoms, lube etc and still found it pleasurable. The kissing, foreplay me and my girlfriend do is really fun and sexually exciting but when if i were to have sex with my condition now would it still feel good? I just want to have sex and enjoy it for the next few months before i see a urologist. He'll probably set up surgery for me which then means a few weeks until that appointment then another few weeks out of action until i recover, so it could really be 4-5 months before i actually have glans exposed sex.

What are your opinions? Should i just go for it with my girlfriend and make the most of what i can do now or wait months until i have the surgery?

give me an update pls
I would recommend a full circumcision together with full excision of the frenulum. That will sort out your problem permanently, your penis will be easier to keep clean, and you can enjoy the pleasures of oral sex to the full.
Original post by 135Peter
I would recommend a full circumcision together with full excision of the frenulum. That will sort out your problem permanently, your penis will be easier to keep clean, and you can enjoy the pleasures of oral sex to the full.

I don't blame any lady that refuses Oral if the man is not circumcised! The smegma and smell can be overwhelming!
Original post by Anonymous

Get total Frenulectomy.. It will leave nice tight V shape on underside!

Quick Reply

Latest