The Student Room Group

Chances with a B in Computing GCSE?

Hi,

As the thread title may suggest I'm very much interested in pursuing a joint Maths and Computer Science degree at a top university but I feel that my GCSEs may be a barrier to entry at the best such as ICL, UCL, Oxbridge etc. It's not so much the overall subject profile as the grade in my Computing GCSE... a B. I also got 3A*s and 8As. I'm also predicted all As at AS in Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Economics. My question to anyone who reads is this... how much will my GCSEs hold me back, especially the B, when applying to universities?

Thanks
Reply 1
I didn't apply to a Russell Group uni but I don't think it would hinder your chances at all really
Reply 2
Hi iisjman07,

They will be fine with your grades, especially when the others are so high.. Aim high :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Wickey312
Hi iisjman07,

They will be fine with your grades, especially when the others are so high.. Aim high :smile:

Sorry my post was poorly worded; I meant my statement from the point of view that I'm already at university

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I got into Edinburgh Uni without even having Higher Computing (Scotland's sort of A-level equivalent) because my school didn't offer it. Don't worry!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending