The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reading through this thread is depressing. Together, the EU and Muslims have become the scapegoats for everything wrong in this country. The EU is blamed for financial, immigration and job problems whilst Muslims are blamed for homophobia, racial tension and violence. Sad how we refuse to apportion some of the blame to ourselves.

With regards to the original post, the fact that a 9 year old has hanged themselves is utterly tragic and it is awful to think that bullying, racially motivated or not, can lead to this. Just awful
Original post by pokeherstar
it was muslims. the area is populated by pakistanis.

but its not about muslims i agree, its about pakistani racism.

Since when was Pakistani synonymous with muslim? 2,000 years ago, would you call the inhabitants of the land we know as Pakistan today as muslims?

Oh wait, I forget, Islam wasn't around 2,000 years ago.The article makes no reference to Pakistanis either. You don't need to answer, I can pre-empt your answer. The only racist Asians are Pakistani Asians. I hope you prove me wrong but somehow I doubt you will.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by zjs
And this article is about the 9 year old boy, so your comments have no relation to the topic at hand.

Initially, it was. But then it turned into a different debate.
Original post by peter12345

you went too far with that comment.
Reply 44
This clearly is a cultural issue. How is it an Islamic one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
I don't really have much to say about this other than the fact I feel very sorry for that poor little lad.

The evil little bastard animals that treated him so badly deserve stringing up IMHO.
Original post by zjs

His school was supposedly 75% 'from ethnic backgrounds', so any group of people that bullies him is inherently likely to be from an ethnic minority given that they apparently form the majority of the student populace in that school. The fact that it was a group of Asian pupils is neither here nor there, and it's quite a large leap from there to reach the decision that the bullying was racially motivated.

"Paul said: “He became argumentative with his brothers and sisters, which wasn’t like him at all. Eventually he told us that he was being bullied by a group of Asian children at school and had to hide from them in the playground at lunchtime. He said one kid even said to him, ‘My dad says all the white people should be dead’.”

Taken from the article - seems fairly clear to me. That being said it is the sun (im amazed this wasnt linked in the daily mail)

Frankly i dont give a damn that the kid was racially bullied. I care that a nine year old child felt he was driven to such a length. What kind of world do we live in where a ****ing child kills himself?

Original post by JC.
I don't really have much to say about this other than the fact I feel very sorry for that poor little lad.

The evil little bastard animals that treated him so badly deserve stringing up IMHO.

Really? you want to hang a bunch of nine/ten year old children?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Dirac Delta Function
right, it's really going to be hindus or sikhs isn't it?

Obviously it's Muslims.

Hindu and Sikh children don't bully other children?
Original post by zjs
This.

But the attempt to instantly put a tragedy like this into an agenda, with very little proof, and (perhaps even more so) the 'those ruddy Mussies' reaction it seems to have invoked, is equally disturbing.

Agreed. It's deeply disappointing to know that this is what comes out of the mainstream media. I was hoping that the proliferation of the "i" newspaper, which is significantly less toxic would have given way to much less savage journalism but it doesn't seem to have gained any traction to be honest. The tendency of papers like the Sun to pedal stories like this in such a way is something that really makes me dispair in this country. All I can really do it just turn my head and ignore it.
Original post by zjs
Asians are mentioned; therefore they must be Pakistani; therefore they must be Muslim? Seriously?

I mean, go back and read the article. Pakistanis are not mentioned, even once.

sure, they could be japanese shintos? chinese buddhists even? lol

look at the demographics of the area. then couple that with the fact that white people are victims of massive amounts of asian Pakistani racism and hate in these areas -- the most high profile cases being the pedophile sex slavery gangs which target white girls. virtually all of the offenders are pakistanis.
Original post by venenecinema
I was referring directly to the comment that I quoted, involving government policy on immigration. If immigrants are involved in both of these events then that's the link that cannot be refuted, regardless of how you try to twist it.
I apologize if I have misconstrued your comments but I believe it is this quote you were commenting on.

Originally Posted by zjs)
And Muslims relate to this article how, exactly?

Deciding to turn the topic onto Muslims seems to suggest that you're using this news - of a young boy committing suicide - to take a swipe at a community which, on the face of it and as presented by the article, isn't actually involved.

Shariah law has what relation to a boy's suicide though?

I get this, and this is the issue. Using a tragic incident as a soapbox for unrelated bigoted views is all it seems to be.
Reply 51
Original post by silverbolt
"Paul said: “He became argumentative with his brothers and sisters, which wasn’t like him at all. Eventually he told us that he was being bullied by a group of Asian children at school and had to hide from them in the playground at lunchtime. He said one kid even said to him, ‘My dad says all the white people should be dead’.”

Taken from the article - seems fairly clear to me. That being said it is the sun (im amazed this wasnt linked in the daily mail)

I'm perfectly aware of what the article says, which was reflected in my post that you quoted. There is no variation between what I've said is the case in my post, and what is the case in the segment you've quoted, so I'm unsure what purpose the quote serves.

Either way, I've already said this: it isn't directly saying that a bully said this. 'One kid' is not 'one of the kids' or 'one of the bullies' and the fact that it is put in a sentence next to how he told about being bullied does not mean it was brought up as a threat or maliciously. It could simply have been a kid describing what his dad says; who didn't happen to be involved with the bullies at all. His father clearly believes it relates, but that doesn't mean it isn't inference.
Original post by Joeman560
Fascist Islam strikes again.

The fact this post has more pos reps than negs shows the education system in this country has failed big time.
Poor little boy, it's so heart breaking :frown: What I hate the most is the sentence where a bully said that his father said that all white people should be dead. I'd love to meet that guy face-to-face and tell what I think of him. He's a shame of humanity and a pile of trash with such attitude. I also blame school that didn't take any actions to prevent such a disaster. When my friend was being bullied at an age of 15 (she tried to suicide many times), the school took strict actions against bullies (reported to the police and threw the students out of school). Now other poor children are in danger while being at that school as, who knows, there might be more bullies and since school isn't doing anything to prevent bullying, more tragedies might happen in the future.
Reply 54
Original post by WelshDragon23
Thank the idiotic governments of the past for allowing this to happen. Its disgusting when a group of muslim thugs target a gay man, and call him a fag, telling him he should leave the 'muslim area'. Honestly, who do they think they are.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/21/gay-man-attacked-new-york-city-subway-hate-crime_n_2733441.html

These attackers were muslims too were they :s-smilie: It happens everywhere no matter what religion they follow..duh
Original post by Savvy Sage
I apologize if I have misconstrued your comments but I believe it is this quote you were commenting on.

If you look back at my posts I was commenting on the post written by the welshdragon guy. I quoted it if it helps.
Reply 56
Original post by WelshDragon23
Initially, it was. But then it turned into a different debate.

No. It's still the same discussion. You posted unrelated assertions and I questioned their relevance. That's not a debate.
Since when was Pakistani synonymous with muslim? 2,000 years ago, would you call the inhabitants of the land we know as Pakistan today as muslims?

Oh wait, I forget, Islam wasn't around 2,000 years ago.The article makes no reference to Pakistanis either. You don't need to answer, I can pre-empt your answer. The only racist Asians are Pakistani Asians. I hope you prove me wrong but somehow I doubt you will.

no, actually, you are correct. anti white racism is anti white racism. no point in blaming this group and that because it does not matter-- sure, it was almost definitely racist pakistanis given the areas demographics and the history of racist pakistani gangs in the area -- but ultimately the issue is about anti white racism and more importantly how white people must unite to combat this evil.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 58

Wikipedia states: "The overwhelming majority (95-97%) of the Pakistani people are Muslim while the remaining 3-5% are Christian"... That's when Islam and Pakistan became synonymous.
Original post by Dirac Delta Function
right, it's really going to be hindus or sikhs isn't it?

Obviously it's Muslims.

What's your point? Stephen Lawrence's murderers were Christian, does that mean Christianity has anything to do with it? Sometimes TSR just astounds me

Latest

Trending

Trending