The Student Room Group

Ravensbourne Foundation Diploma Offer Holders 2013

Ravensbourne Foundation Diploma Offer Holders 2013

Hi all !

I've just received my response letter from Ravensbourne and I've been given a conditional offer *Insert Dance* :biggrin:

It is for the Fashion and Textiles pathway, but I'm still interested in meeting people from other pathways too :smile:

It is my first choice, but I haven't accepted yet because I still have one more interview ... but I'm pretty dead set on Rave.

This thread is just to find out who else got accepted, what pathways, have you accepted the offer yet, what are you thinking about for living and traveling arrangements etc etc ?

Tell all, join the party ! :colondollar:
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello! :-)
Congrats to you:biggrin:
I'm an international student from Asia. I've applied the foundation courses(Design and Media), and still waiting for replied :smile:
It's nice to here from you cause not that much people talking about Ravensbourne, even me don't know much about it ^^;
I'd like to know what others have you applied? And why you like Ravensbourne so much? sorry for those annoying questions:tongue:
Thank you so much :colondollar:
Original post by whoseeye
Hello! :-)
Congrats to you:biggrin:
I'm an international student from Asia. I've applied the foundation courses(Design and Media), and still waiting for replied :smile:
It's nice to here from you cause not that much people talking about Ravensbourne, even me don't know much about it ^^;
I'd like to know what others have you applied? And why you like Ravensbourne so much? sorry for those annoying questions:tongue:
Thank you so much :colondollar:

Hi !
Thank You :smile:

That's really cool.
Have you had an interview/sent copies of your work ?
I know that most universities get back to international students much later than residential students.
Ravensbourne is an amazing place, you really have to go and see it to believe it. The facilities are superb and the student atmosphere is really nice. The restaurants and cinemas etc around it are pretty cool too.
I have also applied to CSM and been given an interview date, but I really prefer Ravensbourne so I contacted CSM and told them that I had received an offer and therefore could my portfolio review time be given to someone else.

Hope that answered your questions :biggrin:
Have a nice day :wink:
Reply 3
Are you both international students? Cos I still am waiting for instructions regarding the submitting of the portfolio, which they said will arrive near the end of April!? How come you've heard of them!? I havent!
Reply 4
Ive been given an offer, but also one from Kingston and I cant decide which one to choose. Any help ?
Im from London btw.
Hey! I've been offered a place on the Foundation Design and Media Course, and im pretty sure i'll be going to Rave, but i've been offered one at UCA in Epsom too and I can't decide which to go too! At the mo Rave is the most likely, but Epsom's pretty tempting :/
(edited 11 years ago)
I accepted last Thursday when I received my letter, can't express how exited I am!
I'm doing the Fashion and Textiles Pathway. Just wondered if anyone got a reply to their acceptance because I didn't!?

Anyone thinking of moving into the The Scape living?!
Reply 7
Hi !!!! I've been accepted today into Design & Media pathway and I'm SUPER excited !!!!! I'm French and living in London is my biggest dream :tongue: I can't believe that I will study with cool people from all around the world and in this awesome building and area ! I accepted the place as soon as I get it ^^
Do anyone know things about foundation at Rave, because we know a lot about UAL and Kingston, but not that much about Ravensbourne :smile:
Thank you !
And I forgot, is someone planning to houseshare? The student's accommodation is superb but too expensive for me ^^
I actually got accepted into Ravensbourne last year for the same course but then I got a place at the Brit School and went there :smile:
Original post by arturo95yan
Are you both international students? Cos I still am waiting for instructions regarding the submitting of the portfolio, which they said will arrive near the end of April!? How come you've heard of them!? I havent!

Hi,

I'm based in South East London, so not an international student.
I think that different pathways have different interview and response times.
Hope that helps :smile:
Original post by LilyEve
Ive been given an offer, but also one from Kingston and I cant decide which one to choose. Any help ?
Im from London btw.

Original post by YaseminGencer
Hey! I've been offered a place on the Foundation Design and Media Course, and im pretty sure i'll be going to Rave, but i've been offered one at UCA in Epsom too and I can't decide which to go too! At the mo Rave is the most likely, but Epsom's pretty tempting :/

Hey,

Congrats !
That is a tough decision ...
Have you envisioned yourself actually taking part in the lessons, using facilities and such ?
When I did this I knew Ravensbourne was the place for me because of how unique and technologically forward their materials where.

Hope this helps
Original post by matthewmasters
I accepted last Thursday when I received my letter, can't express how exited I am!
I'm doing the Fashion and Textiles Pathway. Just wondered if anyone got a reply to their acceptance because I didn't!?

Anyone thinking of moving into the The Scape living?!

Hey, Congrats !
Another Fashionista *High-5* :biggrin:

I sent them a reply by email, and they sent me an email about enrollment and grades etc

The scape apartments do look amazing, and they are my back up option if I don't learn how to drive in time ...
Original post by Salbacandco
Hi !!!! I've been accepted today into Design & Media pathway and I'm SUPER excited !!!!! I'm French and living in London is my biggest dream :tongue: I can't believe that I will study with cool people from all around the world and in this awesome building and area ! I accepted the place as soon as I get it ^^
Do anyone know things about foundation at Rave, because we know a lot about UAL and Kingston, but not that much about Ravensbourne :smile:
Thank you !
And I forgot, is someone planning to houseshare? The student's accommodation is superb but too expensive for me ^^

Hey,

That's really good, Congratulations !
Yeah, London is really cool, But I love France too ...
Have you seen the media foundation page on the Rave website ?
You can also download a PDF which gives loads of in depth detail about the actual course ...

Here is the page link: http://www.rave.ac.uk/prospectus/courses/level-3-foundation-diploma-in-art-and-design-design-and-media/

Here is the PDF : http://www.rave.ac.uk/prospectus/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/RAVENSBOURNE_foundation_diploma_designandmedia.pdf

I agree, the pricing is a little expensive - But you can get student loans or even grants if you're lucky ...

Where were you planning to House share ?
Oh, i'm going Rave! Accepted a place for the Digital Film Production course. :cool: haha. Can't wait to start!
Original post by EbenezaDuodu
Oh, i'm going Rave! Accepted a place for the Digital Film Production course. :cool: haha. Can't wait to start!

Congrats !
How cool :smile:
Original post by TheBeautyInTheGeek
Congrats !
How cool :smile:

I have visited Rave on Monday, the building is incredible !!
Do you plan to houseshare or do you know people that will?
:smile:
Original post by Salbacandco
I have visited Rave on Monday, the building is incredible !!
Do you plan to houseshare or do you know people that will?
:smile:

Yes, it really is.
No, I'm not planning to houseshare, and I don't know of anyone who is, sorry.
Is anyone on here going into the Scape halls at all?? :smile:
Original post by YaseminGencer
Is anyone on here going into the Scape halls at all?? :smile:

I am!
I am a Spanish student and I still havent received an answer from Ravensbourne...no letter in the post. Should I be worried?

Quick Reply

Latest