The Student Room Group

Surprise holiday?

How would you feel about your other half paying for a surprise holiday for you?

I want to go on holiday this year but my girlfriend only gets apprentice wages, so I was thinking about maybe booking a week away for the two of us as a surprise. Thing is, I'm not sure if this is something that would be taken well... What do you reckon? Thanks! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by lambchop

I want to go on holiday this year but my girlfriend only gets apprentice wages, so I was thinking about maybe booking a week away for the two of us as a surprise. Thing is, I'm not sure if this is something that would be taken well... What do you reckon? Thanks! :smile:

I think that would be really sweet. But if I were you, do it as a birthday present or something, otherwise she might feel bad about how much you would have spent on her

Posted from TSR Mobile
If love it, but some people are touchy and might think you're trying to buy their affection or something when really it was just a nice gesture, so just figure out if she's that type ...
Reply 3
maybe if it was for a big birthday - say 21st or something but otherwise I would be horrified that someone spent that much money and probably spend the holiday feeling bad then afterwards try to get them lots of gifts so I felt better then end up broke.
Reply 4
but everyone would react differently, shes your girlfriend and people on here don't know her so we can't really help
Reply 5
Original post by lambchop

My boyfriend booked a holiday for us as a surprise for my 21st, I loved it! Just make sure you give her enough time to pack... I only had 5 dsys to get stuff organised and you also need to check if her passports in date.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending