The Student Room Group

It's a hard world to be a Jew..

Scroll to see replies

Original post by death by labour
Who is being driven from their home?

Well, I know extremist Palestinians such as Hamas are attempting to drive Jews away from their home... besides that, I don't see any other people being driven from their home?

Do you even pay attention to what is happening in Israel?
Or do you just jump on the free-Palestine bandwagon?

I think you'd find substantial evidence that innocent Palestinian civilians have been driven out of their homeland. Israel has violated more UN resolutions than all countries in the middle east put together. I clearly do and no I do not jump on the Free Palestine bandwagon. You should open your eyes a bit.
Original post by de_monies
Oh aren't you nice. So Muslims deserve to "have it bad" ?

With Jews, if you want to use your argument, there's the whole Israel thing, but I was trying to argue FOR you ie: Jews do have it bad as well, not through their own fault

Muslims have it bad as well, not through their own fault, and so many times, those recycled conspiracy theories about wanting domination, control etc... people have just replaced Jew with Muslim. Look at the EDL marches

I'm not saying they deserve it, I'm saying I can actually observe reasons why some people may give muslims a hard time...

I don't see it with the Jews, I can't observe any reason for why people want to act this way towards Jews,

I explained explained how the "Israel" thing can't be used as an excuse, it's a 2 sided conflict and even so, personally I am in support of the Israeli's.

And even if Israel are in the wrong in regards to the conflict over there...
How does that justify "accusations" of Jews brainwashing me via "controlling the media"? :confused:
Original post by arnoob
I think you'd find substantial evidence that innocent Palestinian civilians have been driven out of their homeland. Israel has violated more UN resolutions than all countries in the middle east put together. I clearly do and no I do not jump on the Free Palestine bandwagon. You should open your eyes a bit.

I think you'll find substantial, daily, hourly peace offerings on behalf of Israel.

I think you'll find substantial, daily, hourly declines to peace offerings, attacks and threats on behalf of Palestinian resistance...

Causing Israel to defend itself and react... and by the way, these days an Israel reaction is one hell of a reaction,

So yes, many people have been killed, driven out of their homes as a result of this conflict...

On what evidence do you blame Israel/Jews for that?
History say's it's Israel, home of the Jews.

The Palestinians are a mixture of Arab and Persian people, from the muslim lands of Syria, Jordan and Lebanon...

If Palestinians are native to those Arab and Persian muslim lands... then just who are the true people of Israel?

Hmm... hmm... ermmm... :confused:

That's like me invading Scandinavia because my ancestors were vikings.

I was really talking about there not being a native country where Judaism has developed and settled itself. As far as I'm concerned a farmer whose family has lived on a piece of land for generations is more native to that piece of land than somebody whose ancestors lived there two millenia ago.
Reply 24
Seriously you found no evidence of zionism???

Original post by Octohedral
That's like me invading Scandinavia because my ancestors were vikings.

I was really talking about there not being a native country where Judaism has developed and settled itself. As far as I'm concerned a farmer whose family has lived on a piece of land for generations is more native to that piece of land than somebody whose ancestors lived there two millenia ago.

If I own a house and let tramps use it for 1000 years, its still my house...

Your view is completely the opposite of mine, You cant have something thats not yours just because you borrowed it for a long time thats just ridiculous.
(edited 11 years ago)
The only problems I have with Jews are some elements of their faith such as circumcision, some of their views about women (in the more orthodox communities) - I view them the same as every other religious group - as an atheist I'll always have criticisms of religious practices - but I agree they seem to be picked on a lot for relatively minor things...
Reply 26
Original post by bananaslug77
The only problems I have with Jews are some elements of their faith such as circumcision, some of their views about women (in the more orthodox communities) - I view them the same as every other religious group - as an atheist I'll always have criticisms of religious practices - but I agree they seem to be picked on a lot for relatively minor things...

Half the world is circumcised lol
Original post by yaboy
Half the world is circumcised lol

Forced genital mutilation of infants who cannot give their consent nor fight back as the rabbi gives them a blow job?

Yes I can't see why anyone could possibly object to that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
I think you'll find substantial, daily, hourly peace offerings on behalf of Israel.

I think you'll find substantial, daily, hourly declines to peace offerings, attacks and threats on behalf of Palestinian resistance...

Causing Israel to defend itself and react... and by the way, these days an Israel reaction is one hell of a reaction,

So yes, many people have been killed, driven out of their homes as a result of this conflict...

On what evidence do you blame Israel/Jews for that?

Right, so there is some evidence that my cousin's son in law used to live in Iceland. I would buy lands there first, get international support and just own the country with my missiles/machine guns, now the problem is: some Icelanders aren't leaving their homes, whats the solution?

Eliminate them slowly and whenever they resist I would say "I am defending myself from these terrorists"

Why don't Icelanders offer me peace? Why are they supporting the terrorists group FI (Free Iceland)?

Because I am ****ing raping their homeland
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by Masoudy
Right, so there is some evidence that my cousin's son in law used to live in Iceland. I would buy lands there first, get international support and just own the country with my missiles/machine guns, now the problem is: some Icelanders aren't leaving their homes, whats the solution?

Eliminate them slowly and whenever they resist I would say "I am defending myself from these terrorists"

Why don't Icelanders offer me peace? Why are they supporting the terrorists group FI (Free Iceland)?

Because I am ****ing raping their homeland

Very confusing

Original post by JohnC2211
Forced genital mutilation of infants who cannot give their consent nor fight back as the rabbi gives them a blow job?

Yes I can't see why anyone could possibly object to that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

they get blowjobs?
(edited 10 years ago)

If you walk around looking like this what the hell do you expect?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinny_and_Susannah
I can't believe that OP is actually getting flak for this thread.

This is quite honestly one of the most intelligent and logical threads that I've seen on here in a long time.
Reply 32
Original post by Barden
I can't believe that OP is actually getting flak for this thread.

This is quite honestly one of the most intelligent and logical threads that I've seen on here in a long time.

How the hell did you come to that conclusion?
Reply 33
Original post by Ronove
It's a hard world to be a Palestinian.

^This so much!

I can't say I've ever met someone properly who is anti-semitic (or at least openly so), and I am friends with several Jewish people and they all seem very welcome in our society... so at least in my circles I've never seen anti-Semitism as one of the more prominent problems of today (particularly when compared with homophobia, racism or sexism). I was actually wondering if there are people (Jewish or otherwise) who do find themselves encountering people holding anti-semitic views on a regular basis.

Its noteworthy that I have met several people who are anti-Israel... that is to say they disagree with one or both of: the logic or the method behind the imposition of an Israeli state. People who have voiced this view to me have, without fail, cited that they hold no qualms or prejudice against individuals who are Jewish, or people who are Israeli citizens simply for falling into either of those categories (to do so would be discriminatory), but their disagreement is more directed at the ethics behind the whole idea of replacing Palestine with Israel.
Original post by yaboy
How the hell did you come to that conclusion?

By 'thread' I meant the OP, not the nonsense that has followed from everyone else.

The OP asked why people hate the Jews so much when there is no evidence for anything they are accused of doing, yet every other group (except the Buddhists and maybe Hindus, I guess) has committed atrocities throughout history.

Sure, Israel is an issue, but that is a nation-state and not a religious group or ethnicity.

The majority of people in this thread have completely missed the point about how ludicrous it is to believe that Jews 'control the media' and such, in favour of what I guess you could call reductio ad Israel.
I'm not sure whether it's feasible to say "it's hard to be a 'X' in the world". I think what's far more applicable is to say "it's hard to be a minority within a majority".

Case in point, saying "it's hard to be black in the world" doesn't account for being black within sub-Saharan Africa - but is far more applicable when you say "it's hard to be black in an overwhelmingly white country".
Well you've just sort of assumed that everyone hates jews automatically. Personally, I'd say the abuse hurled at some Jews is no different or any more/less common than the abuse directed toward any other major religious group. Israel is a different story and the criticism against it is wholly valid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Super Cicero

The simple fact of the matter is that if all the Palestinians laid down their arms tomorrow there would be peace and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict would be over. If the Israelis laid down their arms tomorrow, there would be a second Holocaust.

Such a stupid line used over and over again by people in the media.
Hamas hasn't always been the party that represents Palestinians. Before Hamas existed Israel rejected the two state solution.

It also suggests Israel and Palestine are anywhere equal in terms of military power. Palestine are currently defenseless against Israel, who have fully taken advantage of that fact over the years.
Original post by HeavyTeddy
Well you've just sort of assumed that everyone hates jews automatically. Personally, I'd say the abuse hurled at some Jews is no different or any more/less common than the abuse directed toward any other major religious group. Israel is a different story and the criticism against it is wholly valid.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Other major religious groups have had systematic mass-murder directed against them as the major goal of a modern state in the last 100 years? I don't think so.
Original post by Ronove
It's a hard world to be a Palestinian.

It would've been easier for them if they had lived into the states from the broken up Palestine like Syria or Jordan instead of insisting on being in Israel.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending