The Student Room Group

My experience of bullies. Share yours?

Even though Im about to graduate, last night for some reason I ended up thinking about when I was bullied at school and it made me really sad and I couldnt stop crying.

I went to a grammar school and all through it, everyone hated me from day 1. There was a school trip in year 8 which was the first time every class from the year came together. My group bullied me, calling me 'fat' and 'ugly' and just generally bitching about me in earshot and when I finally broke down into tears, the teachers told me ''not to be so silly''.

Because I was always seen as the disruptive class clown (i tend to put on a hard exterior and keep problems to myself) they wouldnt believe me even when i tried to tell them.

Then in year 10 for GCSE's when all classes got mixed together, the bullying got quite bad. People would come up to me and tell me I looked ugly, or my hair looked awful. I remember one maths lesson I was sitting doing my work and some girls behind me were talking about how everyone hates me, no one likes me, I should be dead, and they were on the table about 30cm behind mine, so they clearly said it so i could hear. Other times people would laugh at me when I walked into assembly or just say horrible things to me.

The weird thing is, it was never my class group being nasty to me, but always the other classes who Id never met before.

Then, I finally moved away for 6th form- and guess what? It was even worse at this school! This was a comprehensive and from day 1 I was called a slut, ugly, fat, they made up horrible nicknames for me and call me Susan Boyle. There was one girl Id only ever had one conversation with (I was nice!) and i walked into the common room one day and everyone was talking how I shouldnt be there, no one liked me, i should leave the school etc.....

The thing is, at the time, because it was always little things every day, I never saw it as bullying. It would also always be from different people, so Im guessing they never saw themselves as a 'bully'.

But when you have constant digs at how you look, even if its just one thing like a nasty name or a nasty comment, when it happens every day it becomes so ultimately draining.

I consider myself a nice person- I always stand up for people who dont have such a voice, I try and be kind to homeless people and everyone i have met at Uni says im really nice.

I just dont understand what I did to deserve it. And the funny thing is, all these people would have said bullying was wrong. In fact, some of the people that called me ugly/fat/susan boyle actually started an anti bullying campaign! I dont think people see what they do as bullying.

Just remember, one bad comment to someone, might not be the only one they have heard that day. Its so much easier to say something positive.

Has anyone else had experiences with bullying?
Reply 1
Kids can be horrid, but its good you've taken it on the chin and just moved on in life. Everyone has bad days and to be honest, it'll make the good days even sweeter. :smile:
Reply 2
My experiences are mainly with older bullies, authority figures, they are way worse. Just so low as well to bully someone younger.
Reply 3
I am a bully. anything goes in life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending