The Student Room Group

Where where you raised?

I thought it'd be interesting to see where people on tsr grew up :smile: I was raised for the majority of my upbringing (10 years of my upbringing up until the age of 15) in east London, firstly Upper Clapton for 5 years (where I knew professor green's family really well :tongue:) from the age of 4 until 9, and then Stamford Hill from the age of 10 until 15. I actually have quite fond memories of Upper Clapton, I remember going to Springfield park as a child, it wasn't the best park in London, but I really enjoyed it. I remember going to the cafe and buying ice creams, and going down to the fly-infested playground. And I remember going to Clissold Park to the paddling pool, and Victoria Park. I remember all the pubs around there (obviously i never went in :biggrin:) and all the friendly cockney's. And I remember my primary school (which closed down in 2003) down Lymouth Road, which I loved. And going to the Upper Clapton church on sundays. I'll post some pictures of the area I grew up in, do the same please :smile:

Springfield Park:

pub I used to walk past everday to primary school (since has been closed):

Cafe I used to go to:

Victoria Park:

Church I used to visit in Clapton common:

the church pre-ww2:

when bombed in ww2:

So it's not the prettiest area I know, there's things I don't like so much about Hackney at all, but I have really fond memories about growing up in the east end :') And it has a lot of interesting history :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

In the lift.
Reply 2
Looks like a lovely area.

Born and raised in Dagenham here. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Born in Solihull(Meridan) and raised in Birmingham
When I grew up we had cameras where you needed to get the film developed :/
Not that I ever remember taking pictures of my town. There's barely anything there.
Reply 5
Born in Manchester, raised in a quiet Buckinghamshire village lol.
Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire then Epping Forest, Essex from 3 years old.

I'm slowly moving further north...
In west Philadelphia born and raisedOn the playground was where I spent most of my daysChillin' out maxin' relaxin' all coolAnd all shootin some b-ball outside of the school

just kidding liverpool then up taeee scotland!
Reply 8
Croydon and Southampton
Original post by eliza.anne
Looks like a lovely area.

Born and raised in Dagenham here. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

so almost another east ender then :smile: I remember I used to go to Ilford (not too far from Dagenham I think) about once a month, I have many fond memories of Essex :smile:
Athlone (Ireland)
Then County Durham
Original post by StartSomething
When I grew up we had cameras where you needed to get the film developed :/
Not that I ever remember taking pictures of my town. There's barely anything there.

same here :smile: those are pictures I found online, I would never have been able to afford a digital camera back then! Plus they didn't exist :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by beansontoast93
so almost another east ender then :smile: I remember I used to go to Ilford (not too far from Dagenham I think) about once a month, I have many fond memories of Essex :smile:

Yeah Ilford isn't too far, they have a lovely huge park there I like to go and chill in summer :smile: not much to do in Dagenham though haha. Where abouts are you from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was raised in Caerphilly, birth-place of Tommy Cooper.

I think this is the second castle in Europe, the only noteable thing about it tbh.
Original post by eliza.anne
Yeah Ilford isn't too far, they have a lovely huge park there I like to go and chill in summer :smile: not much to do in Dagenham though haha. Where abouts are you from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I grew up in the Upper Clapton area mostly :smile: but my mum's friend (Professor Green's nan to be exact :tongue:) had a daughter who lived in Ilford, so I used to go there every now and then to visit her children as they where the same age as me and to play. Those where the days :smile:
South Warwickshire up until 22. Now living in the East to become a radiographer. I'll probably return once qualified.
Reply 16
Kent
Lincolnshire (disgusting place)
Currently in Norfolk
Reply 17
Lived in the capital of Latvia (Riga) up until the age of 13 and then moved to Grantham, the tiniest little market town in the East Midlands. Sigh.
Reply 18
Original post by beansontoast93
I grew up in the Upper Clapton area mostly :smile: but my mum's friend (Professor Green's nan to be exact :tongue:) had a daughter who lived in Ilford, so I used to go there every now and then to visit her children as they where the same age as me and to play. Those where the days :smile:

Oh silly me just realised you're the OP, my app doesn't show things so clearly so I didn't realise!

And haha awe. Not a big fan of Professor Green though :tongue:

Ilford isn't the nicest area anymore. Unless you like chicken shops.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was raised in a town called North Walsham.
It's about 15 miles North-East of Norwich.

It's a nice enough place, just for somebody growing up there is literally nothing to do there. And I mean nothing.

Town centre:
north-walsham-town-centre.jpg

My local:
Black_Swan,_North_Walsham.jpg

I would love to post some more interesting pictures, however that really is it I'm afraid.

Thank god I now live in Manchester. I love the busy city much more compared to rural Norfolk!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Walsham
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest