The Student Room Group

failed first assignment

assumed we could work over Christmas, turns out the uni facilities close from tomorrow till the deadline Jan 8th...
Original post by Anonymous #1
assumed we could work over Christmas, turns out the uni facilities close from tomorrow till the deadline Jan 8th...

Hi there,

What facilities did you need at Uni?
It may be worth emailing your tutor to explain your situation and if possible you could try and apply for a deadline if you explain that you don't have the facilities at home to be able to finish your assignment. I'm sure they will be happy to assist you, or they may direct you to somewhere you can use these facilities, depending on what it is you need.
At Hallam we have something called Hallam help where you can explain these situations and they help you as best they can, your uni may have something similar?
Or try talking to your academic advisor if you have one as usually they can try and help you in these situations.

I hope this helps
Lucy -SHU student ambassador
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1

What facilties are you referring to (and which university)?

Universities do generally have an extended closure period from just before Christmas until a day or so into January -- but I'd expect university staff to be working most if not all of next week, and they'll probably start back on 3rd January.

As @hallamstudents suggests, if you need facilities over this period and you won't have access to them from home, then raise this with your tutor.

You could also talk to your course rep and ask them to raise this with your school/department as something that would affect all students on that module.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending