The Student Room Group

Where where you raised?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fullofsurprises
They'd never heard of Lincolnshire?? :rolleyes: Difficult to understand how you can reach that level of attainment at school and be off to college and not be aware of the existence of significant Counties of England.

I know.

On a related note, I have a friend studying Geography at a Russell Group university and a couple of years ago on a school trip, he asked when we were going across the Channel Bridge.

:eek:
Grew up in Cheshire, but where you grew up looks really nice!:smile:
Original post by Rascacielos
I know.

On a related note, I have a friend studying Geography at a Russell Group university and a couple of years ago on a school trip, he asked when we were going across the Channel Bridge.

:eek:

Looollll! What did you say? When we cross into Fairyland over the Pixie Highway??
Reply 183
Original post by beansontoast93
so almost another east ender then :smile: I remember I used to go to Ilford (not too far from Dagenham I think) about once a month, I have many fond memories of Essex :smile:

crazy, I used to live in IG1
Reply 184
I'm another one who can't understand how you can be born and raised in the UK, get to University and not have heard of a whole county.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Looollll! What did you say? When we cross into Fairyland over the Pixie Highway??

That would have been a damned good reply! I expect I did a lot of eye rolling.
Reply 186
T. Dot is where I be raised!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Born in germany and raised in the netherlands.
Reply 188
I was raised in the town of Ayr in Scotland. Its quite a cool wee seaside town and its mostly known for being the birth place of the famous poet Rabbie Burns and also where the famous band Biffy Clyro are from.

Still live in Ayr and probably always will.
(edited 11 years ago)
I'd always say I'm from London. I was born in Hackney, and lived in various parts of Dagenham and Becontree, from 1993 to 2001. After that, my family moved up to Ipswich, and have lived there ever since.
Lived in plaistow, went to balaam park all the time as a kid. The memories of the slide and the roundabouts. Wasn't great but was cool, my brother used to play football with the lads(he's 10 years older than me) while I climbed trees and rode my bike/went on the swing.

We then moved to an estate in beckton when I was 15 for 18 months then went back to plaistow. I miss it tbh.

Original post by Yasmin25
I was raised in the town of Ayr in Scotland. Its quite a cool wee seaside town and its mostly known for being the birth place of the famous poet Rabbie Burns and also where the famous band Biffy Clyro are from.

I've been to ayrshire. Stayed there for a weekend at the haven holidays camp there. Need to go scotland again though.
(edited 11 years ago)
CHESTERFIELD!!! It's in Derbyshire. Known affectionately to the youth as 'Chezzyvegas'. It's a fairly scratty, boring place to live, but the town is ok and I will always think of it fondly seeing as I grew up here. The surrounding areas like Chatsworth, Bakewell, Matlock ect are beautiful though. I love the Peak District!!!

Chesterfield_Skyline.jpg The famous Crooked Spire :biggrin:

chesterfield0003.jpg And the market :biggrin:
I was born in South London and spent most of my life in South London (with a few exceptions.)
Reply 193
Original post by jam277
Lived in plaistow, went to balaam park all the time as a kid. The memories of the slide and the roundabouts. Wasn't great but was cool, my brother used to play football with the lads(he's 10 years older than me) while I climbed trees and rode my bike/went on the swing.

We then moved to an estate in beckton when I was 15 for 18 months then went back to plaistow. I miss it tbh.

I've been to ayrshire. Stayed there for a weekend at the haven holidays camp there. Need to go scotland again though.

Aw cool. Was it the Craig Tara Haven park near Dunure? It has the farm park next to it? I used to stay in the residential area near there called Doonfoot.

Ayr is lovely :-) I prefer Largs though xD my partner lives in Kilbirnie, you know? Also north Ayrshire :-) we were considering moving to Ayr actually but I'm going to Glasgow uni next year so seemed silly moving even further away!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 195
Original post by eliza.anne
Ayr is lovely :-) I prefer Largs though xD my partner lives in Kilbirnie, you know? Also north Ayrshire :-) we were considering moving to Ayr actually but I'm going to Glasgow uni next year so seemed silly moving even further away!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've heard of Kilbirnie but never been haha. Yeah Ayr is lovely :smile: has its bad parts but so does everywhere. I never thought that people on here would have heard of Ayr, let alone actually staying close to Ayr haha.
I need to go back to Largs. The last time I was there it was like in P5 to go to Vikingar haha.
I've heard of Kilbirnie but never been haha. Yeah Ayr is lovely :smile: has its bad parts but so does everywhere. I never thought that people on here would have heard of Ayr, let alone actually staying close to Ayr haha.
I need to go back to Largs. The last time I was there it was like in P5 to go to Vikingar haha.

Kilbirnie doesn't really have much to see so you're not missing anything haha. Yeah everywhere has its bad parts as you said :smile: haha yeah Ayr is quite out of the way, whenever I book a ticket from London to Glengarnock where my partner is, the person serving me looks at me blankly like 'where the **** is that?!?' Haha. Ah Largs is beautiful, more so in summer though...cold there now haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 197
London to Kilbirnie is quite a change of scene.
Reply 198
Raised in West London init :P
Cape Town until I was 12 and then Suffolk lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest