The Student Room Group

Essex school bans triangular flapjacks after injury

Scroll to see replies

Wouldn't be surpruised if they make kids only eat with their hands incase they scratch themselves with a fork! This is health and saftey gone mad!

I'm sure the woman on BBC News nearly started laughing at this story!
Reply 21
But surely school children will just find something else to throw...

clearly the only real solution is to ban the children.
Had to check what the date was - sounded like an April Fools joke..
Is it me or do square flapjacks have more corners than triangles and are therefore more likely to 'injure' someone

note; using the term injure lightly
Reply 24
Original post by millie-rose
Is it me or do square flapjacks have more corners than triangles and are therefore more likely to 'injure' someone

note; using the term injure lightly

The angles in a triangle flapjack would be smaller than a square, therefore more pointy so could cause more injuries (those pesky flapjacks, absoloute death trap)
:wink:

[URL="'http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/app'"]Posted from TSR Mobile[/URL
Catering staff at the school have been told only to serve square or rectangular flapjacks.

When will they learn that a square is a special case of a rectangle (which is of course a special case of a parallelogram).
Reply 26
Health and safety gone mad...
I just had a vision of someone being mugged at a cash point, threatened with a triangle flapjack. They are dangerous.
Reply 28
Cotton wool anyone?
The children of Canvey Island should be thinking of their heritage and making flapjacks in the shape of a guitar (didn't Dr Feelgood come from the Island) or that of a caravan, as there are many on the Island.
Even the HSE think this decision is a piss take!!
Reply 31
Lol
Reply 32
Weaponised biscuits, I like it. In the future wars shall not be fought with guns and cluster bombs but flapjacks, Anzac biscuits and chocolate fingers and not to forget those devilish rock cakes.
Original post by DarkWhite
It seems to me that the only solution is circular flapjacks. Or porridge.

Going to have to be porridge. If you cut a circular flapjack in half then you have two semi-circular flapjacks with two pointy corners on each.
Reply 34
Come on, guys, it was just an isoscelated incident!
Those fools! A square is two triangles fused as one even more powerful shape! Now with four corners, a potential accuracy increase of 25%! God forbid if a child realises a diagonal separation gives them dual wield triangle flapjack projectiles!

Though really it seems to be there is more danger in the classroom. If flapjacks are a risk, surely one should ban....

Paper (paper cut risk)
Pencils (can be used as a stabbing weapon)
Scissors (well I think this is obvious)
Glue (could be used as a weapon...)
Chairs (powerful projectiles)
Reply 36
Health and pastry gone mad ...
Original post by Sephiroth
Going to have to be porridge. If you cut a circular flapjack in half then you have two semi-circular flapjacks with two pointy corners on each.

If you cut the semi-circle in half, then cut the rounded edge off the quarter-circle, you'd have a triangle.

Porridge it is!
They should make the Flapjacks star shaped, maximum accuracy.
Whoever made that decision is obviously a moron.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending