The Student Room Group

What would you do with absolute power?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by IAmThatcher
Keep each kind to their own. Give absolute freedom to corporations.

Loool
Reply 41
I would fly our solar system around the universe so that the mortals could get a better look at my back yard.
I'd hover around town, crosslegged, in boxers and a t-shirt, typing away on my floating computer, my head bobbing to Mayer Hawthorne - A Long Time (Silly Pilly Edit), casually looking at the awestricken passerbyes while munching on buttered crackerbread and drinking some robinsons from its original bottle after diluting it when there was enough space to add water, then wait for the news to pick up on my supernatural activities and act indifferently towards the criticism I receive from being so careless with my seemingly absolute powers.

I'd probably get serious eventually.
Reply 43
Original post by madfish
Order many girls to have sex/sleep with me

And I would execute people like you...
Reply 44
I would bring about the foreign affairs of the dark ages and create a religion dedicated to absolute lack of boundaries. I would make different versions of this religion and pit them against one another for land and money which i would limit to only the most powerful. I would watch all these people fight and i'd watch political movements and switches in viewpoint from my original design and enjoy watching it all happen from a giant map room where i could see anything and take any action but rarely control their actions (unless i had some fun little plan to influence them) I would create mythic monsters and creatures and place lore in an indecipherable language at many locations to make my hidden monsters a prize for the most worthy of fighters who can best them.

I would just sway and skew everything from my little map room and have so much fun doing it. Sometimes i would influence the minds and paths of certain individuals to believe outlandish things and i'd watch what would happen.

I should write a book on this.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 45
...become absolutely corrupt.
Reply 46
Original post by Ibeatu
Abolish money (or atleast the world debt), each country has an equal amount of oil etc, pass a legislation which makes MPs stealing money punishable by death, get rid of DailyMail and the prime ministers, Stop all the wars and give third world countries water, medication etc, take away education fees, stop private healthcare in america, open more homeless shelters with full rehabilitation and teaching services, The list is endless.

Oh, and free Mcdonalds for me.

Surely, with absolute power you would eradicate homelessness too?
Reply 47
Absolute power as in like an emperor or a god being? If an emperor then order the killings of scum like mexican drug cartel/warlords/dictators. If god like, make a new planet and just relax there. Maybe bring a few mates and a magic xbox/tv which doesn't run on electricity.
Reply 48
Original post by danny111
And I would execute people like you...

why, there hasn't been a white knight in this part of tsr in a long while...
Absolute power: omnipotence?

I'd become very charitable for the world as a whole. I'd definitely be corrupt, in the sense of having other people do what's good for me, but I'd also set up a world where they have a better life.

Not sure what I'd do about population control. I may just let earth grow with us.
Reply 50
Original post by NessEB
Surely, with absolute power you would eradicate homelessness too?

I was just listing goals etc, it wasn't very thought through i'll admit :biggrin:
Reply 51
Original post by arkhamz
why, there hasn't been a white knight in this part of tsr in a long while...

True, it's too full of twits, oh wait, you would know all about that.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 52
True, it's too full of twits, oh wait, you would know all about that.

heheh not so chivalrous now are we?
Reply 53
Original post by arkhamz
heheh not so chivalrous now are we?

Being against sex slavery is hardly chivalrous.

And the fact that you think it is, says a lot about your personality.

Now good bye.
Reply 54
Being against sex slavery is hardly chivalrous.

And the fact that you think it is, says a lot about your personality.

Now good bye.

Actually thinking I'm serious

Run along then
Reply 55
I'd probably start out all good intentions and morally upheld, then descend into some sort of awful tyrant. Not even gonna lie.
Reply 56
Original post by arkhamz

Actually thinking I'm serious

Run along then

Right, talk yourself out of it.
Reply 57
Original post by IAmThatcher
Keep each kind to their own. Give absolute freedom to corporations.

I hope you don't get absolute power look!
With absolute power I would imagine an infinite number of hypothetical Earths in hypothetical universes in order to experimentally verify what series of actions on my part would maximise global happiness. I would then do that.

So... I'd do what God is meant to do. Unless God is already doing that, and this is the optimal universe. Discuss. :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
I don't know. Maybe I would buy some men.

I'm kidding. Relax.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending