The Student Room Group

Problems with the ex....help

Hi I broke up with my ex just over a month a go. Even though we haven't seen each other since, he still talks to me on msn. I wanted to stay in touch with him and remain friends (nothing else) as its a nice thing to do. However, he seems to be playing mind games with me which is annoying. Sometimes he's nice and friendly with me but other times he can be horrible. Also last week, he asked me to meet up with him for sex. I was really shocked (I'm not going to be used) and refused for a number of reasons. Firstly it would be wrong for me to have sex with him as we are no longer together, secondly I have no desire to have sex with him anymore and thirdly I don't believe in no strings or casual sex. I also have uni exams at the moment so I am under a lot of stress. Next day he calls me names and is really nasty to me (he has problems with me meeting other guys and having a laugh with my male friends). The other day he also tried blackmailing me saying he was depressed and lonely, indicating he wants me back, etc.

How do I make it clear that we are over and there is no chance of us getting back together? He is starting to get on my nerves. Thanks everyone.

Scroll to see replies

shout at him!!

try to get another boyfriend (if you want to at the mo) and make sure he's all over you.

if he persists get someone to beat him up
Anonymous
Hi I broke up with my ex just over a month a go. Even though we haven't seen each other since, he still talks to me on msn. I wanted to stay in touch with him and remain friends (nothing else) as its a nice thing to do. However, he seems to be playing mind games with me which is annoying. Sometimes he's nice and friendly with me but other times he can be horrible. Also last week, he asked me to meet up with him for sex. I was really shocked (I'm not going to be used) and refused for a number of reasons. Firstly it would be wrong for me to have sex with him as we are no longer together, secondly I have no desire to have sex with him anymore and thirdly I don't believe in no strings or casual sex. I also have uni exams at the moment so I am under a lot of stress. Next day he calls me names and is really nasty to me (he has problems with me meeting other guys and having a laugh with my male friends). The other day he also tried blackmailing me saying he was depressed and lonely, indicating he wants me back, etc.

How do I make it clear that we are over and there is no chance of us getting back together? He is starting to get on my nerves. Thanks everyone.

I would suggest not talking to him, clearly he still wants to bed you, stand up for what you believe in, cut contact with him if thats how he is behaving, he also hasn't moved on if he doesn't like seeing you with other guys, ignore him it's your life you can meet other guys there's nothing he can do about it.
Reply 3
if he persists get someone to beat him up

There's someone you don't want to annoy :O

If it really has been a month and he's still chasing you then you need to do something! I don't know the guy so I can't really tell you how to make him stop, but if the "blackmail and mind games" get serious then if u haven’t already informed your family do so.

The only short term solution I have suggest is to block him on msn! So you can get on with your uni exams.
Three simple words:

"I. Am. Gay."

Job done :smile:
Ignore him. Tell him you don't want to be friends and don't talk to him anymore. If he comes to his senses and wants to have a platonic friendship then let him come to you.
Reply 6
You need to tell his bi-polar pathetic ass to get a clue and a new girlfriend. Obviously it is going to be hard for him to get over you, because hello, you are so amazing and he won't be able to find anyone better, but that's the way the weed has rolled up in this case I'm afraid. And if he's craving some sexual healing, tell him to use what he did before he had you or any other girl, his hand :smile:
Reply 7
I've blocked him and am not going to talk to him ever again. It's a shame we couldn't be friends though. It had to be the worst hes ever been last night. Just because I wouldn't say or do things he wanted, etc, he started calling me names (psycho b***h, dizzy s*****r, etc) and was just so horrible. I told him straight we are over and theres no chance of us getting back together. I feel like I've had something heavy lifted off my shoulders :smile:. Thanks everyone.
I'm don't like repeating myself but here is a summary:

You are dizzy
I don't care what you do with who now, I said due to what you were doing with other lads who look like shrek while we were going out, you are also a ****.

Therefore I said you are a dizzy ****, that is all. The only reason I said that was because you accused me of only going round to yours for food and sex which is ridiculous, if it was then I wouldn't have waited around for six months.

Remember, not many lads will put up with a dizzy slapper. Stop twisting everything. You are a bit mental Jade, with your moods etc.

NB: In case you didn't notice, I was only mean to you (and told you what I and everyone else thinks of you) because you were lying about me. If I did only want sex, I could get it in a night, not six months...

It doesn't matter though because I have nothing to say to you. This is only a recap of last night, which you failed to comprehend.
Anonymous

Anonymous
I'm don't like repeating myself but here is a summary:

You are dizzy
I don't care what you do with who now, I said due to what you were doing with other lads who look like shrek while we were going out, you are also a $lut.

Therefore I said you are a dizzy $lut, that is all. The only reason I said that was because you accused me of only going round to yours for food and sex which is ridiculous, if it was then I wouldn't have waited around for six months.

Remember, not many lads will put up with a dizzy slapper. Stop twisting everything. You are a bit mental Jade, with your moods etc.

NB: In case you didn't notice, I was only mean to you (and told you what I and everyone else thinks of you) because you were lying about me. If I did only want sex, I could get it in a night, not six months...

It doesn't matter though because I have nothing to say to you. This is only a recap of last night, which you failed to comprehend.

So much for the anonymous function eh :rolleyes:
So Anon 2 is the ex. Wow, you are well shot of him. Sound like he has some issues with women. You can always tell, when guys call girls a "slapper" or a "slut", that they are actually just emotionally retarded and need some councelling. Good luck anon 2, and with your reprehensible attitude, I doubt you'll be getting another girlfriend any time soon!

She actually is a slapper, and admits she's dizzy. You know nothing, so refrain from pretending you do. Everyone's a know-it-all on the internet eh?

Sounds like you have issues with men, like most women. Once you break up, he was using you for sex etc because men are such pigs. It's just laughable really.
Reply 11
I don't have issues with men. Most of the ones I associate with are lovely and I have certainly never been disrespected the way you are disrespecting your ex. It's so tacky. Like I said, she's sounds like she's better off without you, and it sounds like she's been trying pretty hard to get rid of you so why don't you back off and leave her alone instead of verbally abusing her on the net? I feel sorry for the next girl you inflict your immature, misogyny upon.
so why did you two break up then lol, it seems Anon 1 made the right choice in ditching anon 2, as 1013 says i feel sorry for the next girl who comes in anon 2's way
Are girls conveniently blind? Read up, something about not repeating myself. I don't want to get back with her, actually last night I wanted to end it so I told her how I and everyone else sees her. She disrespected me first, with lies so I just did her a favour and told her the truth.

Hopefully the next girl I get in a relationship with will be saner, this is why we broke up:

Prior to this day, she had done many similar crazy things. I had a very bad chesty cough, I went to the chemis to get some medicine. I knew which one to get but she kept screaming (in the chemist) 'go and ask! oh my god you won't even go and ask!' and a friend of the family was in the chemist too, which made it embarrassing. Anyway, the chemist showed me the one I was going to get anyway, I bought it.

Got back to my house, I took a teaspoonful, then half of one. So I took another half because dosage was 2tsp. She then started SCREAMING 'YOURE GOING TO OVERDOSE! OH MY GOD YOU CAN'T EVEN TAKE MEDICINE! YOU'RE GOING TO OVERDOSE! AHHHH'...

I then said, what are you on about, you can't even overdose on cough medicine and I took the recommended dose anyway. She had another fit, so I just put my hands on her shoulders and went 'ahhhh' as you do when you're annoyed with someone. Then she started screaming again 'AH! AH! I ALWAYS SAID WHOEVER LAID A HAND ON ME I WAS GONNA DUMP EM STRAIGHT AWAY! I'M LEAVING!' So I thought WTF, right. I went into the living room and left her, expecting her to go home and realise how stupid and psychotic she was being.

She came into the living room minutes later...I didn't speak to her and didn't take her to the station because of the way she acted. We stopped going out. Who's in the wrong then I wonder? I'm glad to be away from her and her psycho crap.
I think you're the psycho here. Not her.
Anonymous
I wanted to stay in touch with him and remain friends (nothing else) as its a nice thing to do...Sometimes he's nice and friendly with me but other times he can be horrible.

Anonymous
Therefore I said you are a dizzy $lut, that is all....Remember, not many lads will put up with a dizzy slapper. Stop twisting everything.

Yes, clearly Anon 1 is the mentally unstable one...:rolleyes:

Sweetheart, you're well out of that one. Just concentrate on your exams, and you'll soon find someone better.
Reply 16
Anonymous
Are girls conveniently blind? Read up, something about not repeating myself. I don't want to get back with her, actually last night I wanted to end it so I told her how I and everyone else sees her. She disrespected me first, with lies so I just did her a favour and told her the truth.

Hopefully the next girl I get in a relationship with will be saner, this is why we broke up:

Prior to this day, she had done many similar crazy things. I had a very bad chesty cough, I went to the chemis to get some medicine. I knew which one to get but she kept screaming (in the chemist) 'go and ask! oh my god you won't even go and ask!' and a friend of the family was in the chemist too, which made it embarrassing. Anyway, the chemist showed me the one I was going to get anyway, I bought it.

Got back to my house, I took a teaspoonful, then half of one. So I took another half because dosage was 2tsp. She then started SCREAMING 'YOURE GOING TO OVERDOSE! OH MY GOD YOU CAN'T EVEN TAKE MEDICINE! YOU'RE GOING TO OVERDOSE! AHHHH'...

I then said, what are you on about, you can't even overdose on cough medicine and I took the recommended dose anyway. She had another fit, so I just put my hands on her shoulders and went 'ahhhh' as you do when you're annoyed with someone. Then she started screaming again 'AH! AH! I ALWAYS SAID WHOEVER LAID A HAND ON ME I WAS GONNA DUMP EM STRAIGHT AWAY! I'M LEAVING!' So I thought WTF, right. I went into the living room and left her, expecting her to go home and realise how stupid and psychotic she was being.

She came into the living room minutes later...I didn't speak to her and didn't take her to the station because of the way she acted. We stopped going out. Who's in the wrong then I wonder? I'm glad to be away from her and her psycho crap.

You're exaggerating A LOT here. I didn't act like that at all so stop pretending and making out I did. You sound like a complete idiot. I had PMS at the time so was quite hormonal but I didn't act that badly. I don't see how I'm a slut either, I would never sleep with loads of random guys and you know it. Grow up.

Anyway thanks for everything everyone else, you've been really helpful :smile:.
:toofunny: This is the funniest thread i've read in a long time, im not laughing at ur situation anon1 which if true is very traumatic but if that girl in the picture seriously isnt you then anon 2 is really unstable LOL
It is her that's why she won't reply. Guilt by silence. Will she swear on her mum and dad's life that it isn't her and Shrek? No.

Dizzy lying $lut. You people who have nothing better to do than comment on other people's lives you know nothing about in order to steal some small self worth for a fleeting moment in your sad littles lives are just as bad. The picture was her and she knows it.
You say everyone here is sad - yet you find it necessary to come onto this site and justify yourself to everyone. If you want nothing to do with her then why bother replying? Just leave it.

Latest

Trending

Trending