The Student Room Group

EPQ and Mechanical Engineering

Hi everyone,

I'm currently studying Physics Maths Chemistry & Economics (which I plan to drop) as well as participating in the EESE Scheme and as you might of inferred I want to study Mechanical engineering at Uni. (aiming for Imperial).

My school is also pushing me to do the EPQ as well but I'm not to sure whether or not I should do it. When i went to the UCAS Fayre all the Universities I asked about the EPQ had either not heard of it or weren't to bothered about it.

Like I said before I'm already doing the EESE scheme and my physics teachers are advising me not to do the EPQ but the EPQ coordinator says otherwise and since were not going to start until after the summer exams I don't mind doing it since it won't have an impact on my exams.

I know how useful the EPQ can be especially for dentistry but would it be relevant/needed for mechanical engineering?

Could you guys tell me if doing the EPQ is worth it for Mechanical Engineering and if you guys are on a mechanical engineering course what subjects and any enrichment you did.

Thanks,

Tayiab :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest