The Student Room Group

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Grade boundaries

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thers
Well done! What did you get in F215?

thank you!! i got the same, an a* 135/150 yourself? I was super shocked at that, expected to get a D! which means i got an A overall which I thought would never happen :eek:
Original post by needtosucceed=)
hey!! i got an A in f322, 135/150 ! how did u do? I got AAAE overall so I got into my firm :biggrin: what did u get overall in chemistry and your other subjects?

Got AABB, in Biology, maths, physics and chemistry, got screwed over by OCR for chemistry only got 118 ums in F322 which brought me down to a B, might get it remarked! Anyway congratulations on your firm, :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jimmy20002012
Got AABB, in Biology, maths, physics and chemistry, got screwed over by OCR for chemistry only got 118 ums in F322 which brought me down to a B, might get it remarked! Anyway congratulations on your firm, :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh wow thats great! 118 is still really good, and I only just scraped a B at AS but brought it up to an A this year so don't worry u can improve on ur a2 exams :smile: congrats and best of luck for next year :smile:
Reply 1383
thank you!! i got the same, an a* 135/150 yourself? I was super shocked at that, expected to get a D! which means i got an A overall which I thought would never happen :eek:

That's a really good score for such a tough module. I got 110/150, was expecting slightly higher but thankfully I was over the A grade by 15 UMS already from AS and f214 so I managed to scrape an A overall! I never have to do another OCR biology suggest question again! :biggrin:
Reply 1384
I'm so confused. In my Psychology I apparently only got an E for both the tests yet got a Mark of 48 for both of them, according to the grade boundaries I should of got a B. Can someone help?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by thers
That's a really good score for such a tough module. I got 110/150, was expecting slightly higher but thankfully I was over the A grade by 15 UMS already from AS and f214 so I managed to scrape an A overall! I never have to do another OCR biology suggest question again! :biggrin:

thank you! I swear I had the nicest examiner ever! ahh thats good you had some leeway from AS, i got a B so knew i would need super high on this exam to get an overall A. me too I scraped it by 3ums! congrats and woo never again! now bring on uni :tongue:
Original post by Jimmy20002012

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 79 in F322 which is a D, I thought I got an A :'( Well done on those result though, they're amazing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Talents
I'm so confused. In my Psychology I apparently only got an E for both the tests yet got a Mark of 48 for both of them, according to the grade boundaries I should of got a B. Can someone help?

48 is your UMS mark not your raw mark (i.e. the mark of an exam)

40 UMS - E

50 UMS - D

60 UMS - C

etc
I got an A in AS English Lit, 74 marks for the coursework and 108 for the exam paper. Obviously I'm thrilled to get an A, but I haven't taken an exam in years and was wondering what this translates to? I know the maximum scaled mark for the paper was 90 and for the coursework it was 60. I'm guessing this means I got high As in both, but I'm not totally sure.

Anyone know?
Hi everyone, hope you all got the grades you were hoping for! Does anyone know if there's a UMS to raw mark converter on OCR? Or how the UMS works for OCR? (I know that for AQA, after a certain mark say 75/80 and above you achieve full UMS. Also for every mark you jump 2 UMS e.g, the UMS jumps are all the same size..) Don't know whether for OCR it's only possible to receive full UMS if you actually got full raw marks, or how the UMS increments are scaled.

Can someone help or is it a bit of a mystery?! :smile:
Original post by seb94
In Edexcel Maths I got 237/300.

C1 - 83
C2 - 79
S1 - 75

A) Is a maths remark worth it?
B) Does anyone know the charge for edexcel papers (non-priority)
C) How many raw marks would people think it would take for 3 UMS? Would 2 be enough?

I got 237/240 as well

C1-84
C2-86
D1-67

A)My teachers didn't advise for a remark but to get the extra 3ums out of the other modules. I would still resit D1 just i case but will try to do better in C3.

B)For a remark it costs £36 per unit non priority

C)It'll be like 2/3 marks

Its really annoying, so close yet so far.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by nataash
i have access but i cant see them anyway. sorry!

Original post by otherdan
According to the AQA website, grade boundaries (not necessarily mark schemes) will be posted on eAQA at 00:01.

If you could, please continue checking to see if they are delayed in the uploading,

We would all be grateful. Thanks.

Original post by rturnbull94
I can tell you all that AQA are doing something to the e-AQA site at the minute because before 12 the mark schemes link wasn't there, now it is - there are no mark schemes however

Could anyone who has access to eAQA possibly look to see if the Computing COMP1 and COMP2 June 2013 mark schemes are uploaded? Thanks!
Reply 1392
CIE grade boundaries anyone ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What ums do you need overall to get a A*/A/B/C in science aqa? and what ums do you need overall to get an A*/A/B/C in Maths edexcel?
Original post by _JasmineMistry
What ums do you need overall to get a A*/A/B/C in science aqa? and what ums do you need overall to get an A*/A/B/C in Maths edexcel?

UMS boundaries are always the same - you always need 80% overall for an A, 70% overall for a B etc.

For the A* (except maths), you need to score at least 80% over the full A-Level AND 90% over the A2 units. For maths, you need to score at least 80% over the full A-Level and 90% over C3 and C4. :smile:
Original post by usycool1
UMS boundaries are always the same - you always need 80% overall for an A, 70% overall for a B etc.

For the A* (except maths), you need to score at least 80% over the full A-Level AND 90% over the A2 units. For maths, you need to score at least 80% over the full A-Level and 90% over C3 and C4. :smile:

Hey usycool , how did you do mate ?
Reply 1396
luckily it didnt as I got a high B on it!! got an overall A as well so im into my firm! how did u do?

My chemistry grade is very appalling! I missed my firm but they offered me another course which was similar to my firm :s-smilie:
Was meant to do Biomedical Science but now I think I'm going for Healthcare science..
Original post by Talents

the mark shows ur 'ums' points, not raw marks. so 48 was an E in the ums column of the grade boundaries, not the raw marks :smile:
how can i find out my raw marks from the ocr grade boundaries page? please help! thank you!:smile:
Original post by Lulu_1995
how can i find out my raw marks from the ocr grade boundaries page? please help! thank you!:smile:

You can download their converter ,right?
Raw-UMS converter..

Quick Reply

Latest