The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Why should I choose Nottingham over Sussex university

For all those firmers out there! give me the reasons why you are set on nottingham over somewhere else.

Pros and cons? :smile:
Reply 1
Because Nottingham is Russell Group and Sussex isn't. It's also a gorgeous campus and has a reputation for a good social life. But I guess it depends what course you're doing
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
The difference is very little and negligible since both of them are prestigious and top 20 in UK. It really depends on your personal preference.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because Nottingham has a much better reputation with employers, with all the riots going on at the moment I've heard from my friend that it has been very difficult for Sussex uni leavers to get jobs.
Reply 4
I chose Nottingham over Leeds, Manchester and Newcastle because:

Campus! It felt good. Just greenery, woodland, lakes...University Park is awesome. Oh and then there's another massive green park across the road where a certain mansion than belongs to a certain superhero :tongue:. But yeah, the campus definitely swayed it. Such a beauty to look at. There's all the time to live in a big industrial city when you go job hunting after uni! May never get the chance to live somewhere so picturesque until I retire!

City! Can easily get to the city, whether the clubs or the shops! Love the clubs there, definitely my sort of thing (best rock scene in the UK.)

Course! For my subject, Notts was ranked the highest. Didn't base it all on this, but generally, in every ranking i've seen Nottingham was above the other 3. I do want the best chance of a decent job or opportunity at the end, and I think Notts offers a decent chance for sure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending