The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Endcliffe or Ranmoor accommodation?

I've now finally firmed Sheffield after much debate over Liverpool and Manchester, but now coming to sort out finances and accommodation, I'm not sure which one to choose out of Endcliffe or Ranmoor? I'm definitely choosing an en-suite and self catered, preferably mixed flats. I've heard Ranmoor is a bit too quiet and Endcliffe a bit rushed? Just wondering what people have chosen and why? (Input from current student's experience wise is also appreciated)

Thanks!
Reply 1
Ahh I firmed Sheffield last night. :smile: I'm applying to do BSc economics; what about you? id say go to Endcliffe, theres more people there so its easier to meet people and freshers week will be better if theres more people i guess. I know someone reading third year philosophy at sheffield and she stayed in ranmoor: she wishes she stayed in endcliffe because of the bigger size. :smile:
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
I've applied to do International Business Management with a year abroad! :smile:. I know someone that's staying in Endcliffe at the moment and they say they have only truthfully visited Ranmoor 2-3 times, but it's been relatively quiet. Looking at a group on Facebook, it seems as though everyone is at Endcliffe, only one at Ranmoor?
Reply 3
Bear in mind if you apply for Ranmoor and put location as first preference you'll most likely get it (all of Ranmoor is self catered). Whereas as the poster above mentioned as there are way more people going for Endcliffe (in the Facebook group there've been 4 Ranmoor, 0 City and about 120 Endcliffe) so you have a much smaller chance of getting what you want as the number of spaces are around 3-1-1 (Endcliffe-Ranmoor-City), so bear this in mind and consider that you might end up at City or Ranmoor even if you apply for Endcliffe.
Reply 4
ooh theres a facebook page; could you link it too me please? i know 10 poeple from my college have applied - all to endcliffe!
Reply 5
theres not much of a difference between the 2 tbh.
Ranmoors a little quieter, but obviously its got fewer people, it feels more 'compact' as the blocks are quite close together compared to endcliffe which is a bit more spread out. This does mean with flat parties nearby it can get quite noisy.
the flats in ranmoor are slightly newer, apparently the kitchens are a bit bigger (according to a friend who lives in endcliffe when he came over to my flat)
endcliffe is a bit closer to uni/city centre/shops (approx. 5 min shorter walk, 1 stop before ranmoor on the bus), that's why im considering applying there for September as a second year. it also has a village shop, but it can be quite expensive.
Reply 6
Original post by CraigHeff
ooh theres a facebook page; could you link it too me please? i know 10 poeple from my college have applied - all to endcliffe!

Here you go! https://www.facebook.com/groups/521685811217442/?fref=ts :smile:
Reply 7
Choose Endcliffe. Most people do, as Ranmoor is infamous for being quieter. Unless you don't like going out. It's also a slightly longer walk, about 5 mins. Most people I know in Ranmoor had applied for Endcliffe, or moved there having not got on with their Endcliffe flatmates ( don't worry about this though). Many people in Ranmoor are happy, you'll have funn wherever you are
Reply 8
BUMP! Thought I would do so as more people are now applying for accommodation around this time..

Posted from TSR Mobile
ermmm????
Well I go to Bristol, so it might be helpful to hear from what you may refer to as an 'outsider' (lol).

I think that MealsOnWheels would be a GREAT! way to improve accomodation thanks for asking
i am a gamer and i need to spend as much time as i can gaining XP ( Gamertag lukeiskewl) so making meals is a WASTE OF TIME imo

haha yeah if you could pass that on that would be great

(Also add me on xbox one, especially gamer chicks ;P)
sincerely,

Luke Annett
:cool: (me)
What is city and central like??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending