The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Anyone?
Reply 2
Evidently not. :smile:
turbodave
Has anyone got an offer/had an interview for investment banking at Rothschild? If so what questions were you asked in the interview? Thanks.

You know, the questions are pretty much the same in every IB interview. There just happen to be quite a lot of them. Preparing answers for all of them is a brutal and arduous task. I'm not even sure if it really works since if someone is looking for a 'bright spark', it's even more knackering to try and 'prepare that'.

Just remember, this is Rothschild. If you went to the right kind of school, the 'Old' tie might not be a bad idea.
Reply 4
Question. Unrelated to IB interviews, but someone here might know about it...

I swear my dad used to work for a firm called J Rothschild Assurance/(Insurance?). Is that a branch of the IB, or a completely different firm? The company was taken over and is now St James' Place PLC.

For the smart alec who suggests 'go and ask your father', I'd love to, but he's dead.

Anyone know?
Reply 5
Rothschild is the most stuck up place you could hope to work. Even MI6 is trying to develop less anachronystic selection procedures these days. Definitely hang out in Belgravia and mug someone for their tie - best preparation you can do.
Reply 6
What do you mean by tie? University or school tie?
Reply 7
turbodave

School... PUBLIC school tie.
Simple then, get off the tube at St Pauls and mug a City of London boy.
Olek

And try to explain the comprehensive school name on the application form as you being modest :p: .
Reply 10
Olek

I went to the City of London School. People from our school achieve everything on the basis of meritocracy i'll have you know...
Reply 11
al_Hassan
I went to the City of London School. People from our school achieve everything on the basis of meritocracy i'll have you know...

I was educated by the 3rd worst funded LEA in England and Wales. I'll have you know the doors are opened for you whether you see it or not and Britain isn't nearly so meritocratic as you'd like to think. We were talking about proper schools, anyway - it's hardly Radley, is it?
Reply 12
coughsyrup
We were talking about proper schools, anyway - it's hardly Radley, is it?

City of London gets as many boys into Oxbridge as Radley, and considering you are on the investment and finance forum it will also be of interest to you to know that it has produced many Old Citizens (ex CLS boys) that work in some of the best positions within the City. How can you justify not classifying it as a "proper school"?
Reply 13
al_Hassan
City of London gets as many boys into Oxbridge as Radley, and considering you are on the investment and finance forum it will also be of interest to you to know that it has produced many Old Citizens (ex CLS boys) that work in some of the best positions within the City. How can you justify not classifying it as a "proper school"?

lack of je ne sais quois, I guess. As I said, it's hardly Radley; or Eton, if that suits better.

Hmm, don't bother.
Reply 15
i thought that rothschild's culture was quite warm and welcoming....

are they really stuck up? COOL
posh_git
i thought that rothschild's culture was quite warm and welcoming....

are they really stuck up? COOL

haha mite seem cool until you find yourself on the receiving end of being denied opportunities due to other people being stuck up abt your race/gender/background etc...

Latest

Trending

Trending